Nomura Securities Downgrades Great Ajax Corp. (AJX) to Neutral
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Nomura Securities downgraded Great Ajax Corp. (NYSE: AJX) from Buy to Neutral with a price target of $14.50 (from $16.00).
Analyst Brock Vandervliet commented, "We are downgrading our investment rating on Great Ajax from Buy to Neutral, reducing our TP from $16 to $14.50 and reducing our earnings estimates. Reasons behind the move include: One, we are reducing earnings projections materially in line with the implications of the Q3 print. Revisions include Q4 moving to $0.46 from $0.61, and 2017 moving to $2.14 from $2.38, previously. We do not believe Street estimates are updated post-Q3 but are $0.57 and $2.42, respectively. Two, as part of the lower earnings, AJX has not ramped its dividend as we had expected. While we maintain a roughly 60% payout ratio, our 2017 dividend assumption moves down from $1.34 to $1.15. Three, we are concerned about the continued potential for a dilutive capital raise, with one earlier in the year and a recently announced $50Mn “ATM” (At the Market Issuance) offering. We believe that coupled with the lower earnings, the stock is likely capped below book value."
Shares of Great Ajax Corp. closed at $13.57 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- MKM Partners Raises Price Target on Finisar (FNSR) to $43 Following 2Q
- BMO Capital Cuts Price Target on Nielsen Holdings (NLSN) to $45
- Time (TIME): Stuck Until A Deal Is Announced - Wells Fargo
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change, Downgrades
Related EntitiesNomura, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!