Needham & Company Remains Sidelined on 3D Systems (DDD) Following Media Event
- Dow sets record high as bank rally continues
- Oil tops $55 for first time in 16 months as OPEC deal fuels buying
- Consolidated Communications (CNSL) to Acquire FairPoint Communications (FRP) in $1.5B Deal
- Wall St. stock futures fall after Italy referendum
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 12/05: (FRP) (GMED) (CHK) Higher; (CERC) (HDSN) (MRVL) Lower (more...)
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Needham & Company reiterated a Hold rating on 3D Systems (NYSE: DDD) following the company's media event and Q&A session. Management believes the industry is at an inflection point that will see the 3D printing transition over the next three years from prototyping to production. The company is also focused on cost reduction, but believes the low-hanging fruit will be in the COGS line.
Analyst James Ricchiuti commented, "DDD held a well-attended media event on the first day of IMTS in Chicago yesterday and hosted a Q&A session with analysts afterward. New CEO VJ Joshi, along with recent additions to senior mgmt, a number of whom worked with Joshi to build HP’s commercial printing business, discussed a three-year plan to position DDD to capitalize on what mgmt expects will be a major industry transition from prototyping to production. Mgmt did not provide any financial targets, though DDD appears to be tracking to higher sequential 2H revenues, consistent with prior comments from the company, with revenues and earnings expected to be higher in 2017. We came away from the meeting on the margin impressed with the new team and key elements of the turnaround strategy. That said, DDD shares appear fairly valued at current levels. Maintain Hold."
Shares of 3D Systems closed at $15.49 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Credit Suisse Upgrades National Beverage (FIZZ) to Outperform
- Mizuho Securities Upgrades Citrix Systems (CTXS) to Buy
- World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE): What The Bears Are Missing - Needham
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Related EntitiesNeedham & Company, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!