Needham & Company Remains Sidelined on 3D Systems (DDD) Following Media Event
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Needham & Company reiterated a Hold rating on 3D Systems (NYSE: DDD) following the company's media event and Q&A session. Management believes the industry is at an inflection point that will see the 3D printing transition over the next three years from prototyping to production. The company is also focused on cost reduction, but believes the low-hanging fruit will be in the COGS line.
Analyst James Ricchiuti commented, "DDD held a well-attended media event on the first day of IMTS in Chicago yesterday and hosted a Q&A session with analysts afterward. New CEO VJ Joshi, along with recent additions to senior mgmt, a number of whom worked with Joshi to build HP’s commercial printing business, discussed a three-year plan to position DDD to capitalize on what mgmt expects will be a major industry transition from prototyping to production. Mgmt did not provide any financial targets, though DDD appears to be tracking to higher sequential 2H revenues, consistent with prior comments from the company, with revenues and earnings expected to be higher in 2017. We came away from the meeting on the margin impressed with the new team and key elements of the turnaround strategy. That said, DDD shares appear fairly valued at current levels. Maintain Hold."
Shares of 3D Systems closed at $15.49 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- BofA/Merrill Lynch Upgrades CF Industries (CF) to Buy, Says "Consensus Estimates Now Beatable"
- M&T Bank (MTB) PT Raised to $165 at FBR Capital Following 4Q Beat
- Skyworks Solutions (SWKS) PT Raised to $92 at Needham & Company Following Solid 1Q Beat and Raise
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Related EntitiesNeedham & Company, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!