Needham & Company Cuts Price Target on Cubic Corp. (CUB) Following Negative 4Q Preannouncement
- Wall St. rises amid robust GDP data, mixed earnings
- ExxonMobil (XOM) Tops Q3 EPS by 5c; CapEx Light of Views
- Baker Hughes (BHI), General Electric (GE) in Partnership Talks, Not Merger Talks
- AbbVie (ABBV) Tops Q3 EPS by 1c; Boosts FY16 EPS Outlook
- Amazon.com (AMZN) Misses Q3 EPS by 26c, Offers Q4 Guidance
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Needham & Company maintained a Buy rating on Cubic Corp. (NYSE: CUB), and cut the price target to $45.00 (from $48.00), following the company's 4Q preannouncement. Revenues are expected to be 15-20% below prior expectations, with an impact on adjusted EBITDA. CUB's revised guidance implies FQ4 revenues of $380M-$400M and adjusted EBITDA of $30M-$38M, well below expectations.
Analyst James Ricchiuti commented, "CUB said FQ4 revs and adj. EBITDA will be significantly below expectations owing to DoD funding delays that impacted high-margin orders in its Mission Solutions and Training Systems businesses. Revs are expected to be 15-20% below prior expectations, with a meaningful impact on adj. EBITDA due to the margin profile of the business that was pushed out. Mgmt expects to receive the orders in F17, although we have tempered our expectations for the defense business over the next year. CUB’s Transportation business (~40% of revs) appears to have met expectations, and the next phase of its ERP rollout was completed earlier this month as planned with costs related to the ERP implementation also in line. We are maintaining our Buy rating based on expectations of significantly brighter EPS prospects in F17 and F18."
Shares of Cubic closed at $45.02 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Cirrus Logic (CRUS) PT Raised to $65 at Needham & Company
- Oppenheimer Raises Price Target on Vocera Communications, Inc. (VCRA) to $22
- Leerink Partners Cuts Price Target on Amgen (AMGN); Reiterates Market Perform
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesNeedham & Company
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!