NXP Semiconductors (NXPI) PT Raised at Oppenheimer Ahead of Earnings and Potential M&A
- Dow, S&P 500 surge to highs; transports set record
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/7: (ANTH) (EMKR) (PLAY) Higher; (SIGM) (OHAI) (FTK) Lower
- Abbott (ABT) Files Complaint to Terminate Alere (ALR) Acquisition
- Western Digital (WDC) Raises Q2 Outlook
- Biotech, Pharma Stocks Weaker Amid Trump Comments on Lower Drug Prices
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Oppenheimer analyst Rick Schafer raised his price target on Outperform-rated NXP Semiconductors NV (NASDAQ: NXPI) to $110.00 (from $100.00) and previewed Q3 earnings. The analyst said near term shares will likely react more to M&A speculation than fundamentals.
Schafer commented, "NXPI reports 3Q results Wednesday ATC and hosts its conference call 8AM ET Thursday. We see results/outlook mostly in line with consensus 3Q/4Q sales/EPS of $2.47B/$1.60 and $$2.42B/$1.61. We expect NT fundamentals to take a back seat to mgmt commentary surrounding recent reports (beginning with TheStreet.com on 9/29) that QCOM is in talks to acquire NXPI for ~$110/share. We also see NXPI as an accretive use of QCOM's nearly $30B offshore cash horde that can allow the company to diversify away from handsets. NXPI represents a relatively inexpensive non-US asset (at ~13x CY17E). We think a QCOM/NXPI deal is more likely than not. Near term shares likely react more to M&A speculation than fundamentals. We are raising our PT from $100 to $110."
Shares of NXP Semiconductors NV closed at $101.84 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Wedbush Raises Price Target on Francesca's (FRAN) Following 3Q Report
- Instinet Reiterates Buy on Oracle (ORCL) Ahead of 2Q Report
- Goldman Sachs Sees 27% Upside in MercadoLibre (MELI) and Raises Rating to 'Buy'
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesEarnings, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!