Mizuho Sees Near-Term Trading Opportunity in Biogen (BIIB) Amid Weakness
- Wall Street surges to new highs; transports set record
- lululemon athletica (LULU) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Adj.-Comps Outpaced Views
- Abbott (ABT) Files Complaint to Terminate Alere (ALR) Acquisition
- Costco Wholesale (COST) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c; Comps Up 1%, 2% Ex-Gas
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/07: (VYGR) (LULU) (HRB( Higher; (OHRP) (VRNT) (CMTL) Lower (more...)
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Mizuho analyst Salim Syed weighed in on Biogen (NASDAQ: BIIB) after Eli Lilly announced this morning that its Alzheimer's drug, Solanezumab Phase 3 study has failed and it will not pursue approval which has implications to Biogen's Aducanumab.
Syed commented, "While we are long-term Neutral on BIIB (given other risks we see in the business), we believe today's news and downward price movement in BIIB stock presents a near-term trading opportunity for BIIB given the differences in molecule, trial designs, and BIIB's drug remains to be the only Alzheimer's drug that has prospectively hit (we believe) its primary endpoint in a previous study. Every 10% POS increment is worth about $6-7 to our DCF (we currently POS Aducanumab at 60% in our model -- hard to gauge exactly where consensus given Phase 3 readout for Aducanumab is not until 2020+, but we note most investors we speak to seem to like Aducanumab). If we were to take Aducanumab out of our model completely, our DCF decreases by about $40-45. BIIB's stock is currently down about $30 pre-market (this would imply a POS decrease from 60% to 20% in our model)."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Oppenheimer Raises Price Target on NeuroDerm (NDRM) to $30 After Meeting with FDA
- MKM Partners Raises Price Target on Arista Networks (ANET) Following U.S. Customs and Border Protection Approval
- RBC says 'Trump-onomics' has Reset Industrial Expansion Clock - (HDS) (WCC) (GWW) (MMM)
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, FDA, Trader Talk
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!