Mizuho Sees Near-Term Trading Opportunity in Biogen (BIIB) Amid Weakness
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Mizuho analyst Salim Syed weighed in on Biogen (NASDAQ: BIIB) after Eli Lilly announced this morning that its Alzheimer's drug, Solanezumab Phase 3 study has failed and it will not pursue approval which has implications to Biogen's Aducanumab.
Syed commented, "While we are long-term Neutral on BIIB (given other risks we see in the business), we believe today's news and downward price movement in BIIB stock presents a near-term trading opportunity for BIIB given the differences in molecule, trial designs, and BIIB's drug remains to be the only Alzheimer's drug that has prospectively hit (we believe) its primary endpoint in a previous study. Every 10% POS increment is worth about $6-7 to our DCF (we currently POS Aducanumab at 60% in our model -- hard to gauge exactly where consensus given Phase 3 readout for Aducanumab is not until 2020+, but we note most investors we speak to seem to like Aducanumab). If we were to take Aducanumab out of our model completely, our DCF decreases by about $40-45. BIIB's stock is currently down about $30 pre-market (this would imply a POS decrease from 60% to 20% in our model)."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- BMO Capital Sees Upside in Biogen (BIIB) into Sola/Aducanumab Data at CATD
- Tesla's (TSLA) Price Target Cut to Street Low of $155 at Cowen
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Kroger (KR) to $30 Following 3Q and Guidance
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, FDA, Trader Talk
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!