Mizuho Securities Upgrades Qualcomm (QCOM) to Buy on Potential NXP Deal
- Wall St. falls as earnings from some big names disappoint
- General Motors (GM) Tops Q3 EPS by 28c
- Procter & Gamble (PG) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c
- DuPont (DD) Tops Q3 EPS by 14c; Boosts FY16 EPS Outlook; Says Continuing to Work with Regulators
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 10/25: (SAEX) (CWEI) (SWFT) Higher; (DPRX) (CRBP) (UA) Lower (more...)
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Analyst Vijay Rakesh commented, "We believe a deal here makes significant strategic and financial sense. As OEMs look to diversify away from a maturing handset market, we are seeing the leaders AVGO and QCOM try to actively diversify. QCOM dominates automotive telematics and we believe the potential acquisition of NXPI will give it in-cockpit market share, powertrain, safety, and an automotive processor portfolio from FSL that creates the first end-to-end semiconductor auto supplier of the future."
Shares of Qualcomm closed at $63.45 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- NXP Semiconductors (NXPI) PT Raised at Oppenheimer Ahead of Earnings and Potential M&A
- FBR Capital Cuts Price Target on Carrizo Oil & Gas (CRZO) Following Announced Eagle Ford Shale Acquisition
- Deutsche Bank Downgrades VF Corp. (VFC) to Hold
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Rumors, Upgrades
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!