Microsemi (MSCC) Replaces NXP (NXPI) as Top Pick at Suntrust
- Banks, telecoms lead Wall Street up; another Dow record
- Western Digital (WDC) Raises Q2 Outlook
- bluebird bio (BLUE) to Offer $200M of Common Stock
- Dave & Buster's Entertainment (PLAY) Tops Q3 EPS by 11c, Raises FY Revenue Guidance
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/06: (PLAY) (ANTH) (WDC) Higher; (AVAV) (ESV) (BLUE) Lower (more...)
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
SunTrust Robinson Humphrey maintained a Buy rating on Microsemi Corporation (NASDAQ: MSCC) with a price target of $51. The stock was also named as the bank's new Top Pick, replacing NXP Semiconductors (NASDAQ: NXPI). Analyst William Stein said he sees 58% upside if the company is acquired.
"Following the recent rise in NXP's stock price on the heels of a series of reports that the company is the target of a pending acquisition by Qualcomm, we transition our Top Pick to Buy-rated MSCC," said Stein.
"We envision three ways for investors to profit in MSCC: (1) if the company generates organic growth (even below its 6-8% target) it will deliver significant EPS growth, lower financial leverage, and should be rewarded with a higher P/E multiple; (2) if the company pursues another acquisition after achieving 3.0x leverage (we estimate in the December timeframe) it will not likely achieve P/E multiple expansion, but will benefit from higher EPS estimates; (3) if the company is acquired, which management has openly discussed, an average EV/Sales and EV/ EBITDA multiple imply a $60 stock price, or 58% upside potential. Meanwhile our stand-alone PT is $51," added the analyst.
Shares of Microsemi Corporation closed at $40.24 yesterday.
(Correction in headline)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Microsoft (MSFT) and LinkedIn's (LNKD) Proposed Merger Cleared in Europe, with Conditions
- Anthera Pharma (ANTH) Appoints New CEO; Other Exec Changes Announced
- Swarm A.I. predicts TRUMP will be Time Magazine Person of the Year
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Related EntitiesSunTrust Robinson Humphrey, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!