Maxim Reaffirms Celsion (CLSN) at 'Buy' as OVATION Study Safety Review Completed
- Top 10 News for 9/19 - 9/23: Twitter on the Auction Block; Allergan Bolsters NASH Effort; Microsoft Returns Value
- Wall Street falls as energy lags; shares post gains on week
- Rumored Forever, Twitter (TWTR) May Have Finally Put the 'For Sale' Sign Up
- Facebook (FB) Shares Under Pressure on Reports Video Ad Metrics Were Artificially Inflated
- Brookfield Infrastructure (BIP)-Led Consortium to Take Controlling Stake in Petrobras' (PBR) NTS for $5.2B
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Maxim affirms Celsion Corp. (Nasdaq: CLSN) with a Buy rating and $4 price target after the company announced that the independent Data Safety Monitoring Board (DSMB) has completed its safety review of data from the first three patient cohorts in the ongoing Phase Ib OVATION Study.
Analyst Jason McCarthy noted the following today:
- Data from the first six patients (Cohorts 1 and 2) demonstrated that one patient experienced a complete response, two had partial responses, and three had stable disease. In addition, the biological marker of ovarian cancer, CA-125, was decreased by over 95%. A decrease of 50% is considered "good" and a decrease over 95% is considered "excellent."
- Cohort three (N=3) has been treated, and the last cohort is now enrolling. Top-line data, including immune response data, is expected in 1Q17.
- Conclusion. Clearing the safety hurdle for an IL-12 based therapy is critical given the potential for toxicity. While we await data for ThermoDox in primary liver cancer (interim data late 2018), GEN-1 continues to generate newsflow in immune-oncology, which we believe represents incremental catalysts for the stock.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Glaukos Corporation (GKOS): Durable Efficacy Data in iStent Study - Cantor
- Argus Downgrades Gentherm Incorporated (THRM) to Hold
- Janney Montgomery Scott Upgrades BioDelivery Sciences International (BDSI) to Buy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, FDA
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!