Maxim Reaffirms Celsion (CLSN) at 'Buy' as OVATION Study Safety Review Completed
- Top 10 News for 9/26 - 9/30: Deutsche Bank Soars on Settlement; Twitter Back in the M&A Fray; Nike 'Just Didn't Do It' in Q1
- Wall Street rallies, led by Deutsche Bank, financials
- Viacom (VIAB) Forms Special Committee; Will Explore Potential Combination with CBS (CBS)
- Deutsche Bank (DB) Said Near $5.4B Settlement with U.S. - AFP
- Oil up second straight month on OPEC-fueled rally
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Maxim affirms Celsion Corp. (Nasdaq: CLSN) with a Buy rating and $4 price target after the company announced that the independent Data Safety Monitoring Board (DSMB) has completed its safety review of data from the first three patient cohorts in the ongoing Phase Ib OVATION Study.
Analyst Jason McCarthy noted the following today:
- Data from the first six patients (Cohorts 1 and 2) demonstrated that one patient experienced a complete response, two had partial responses, and three had stable disease. In addition, the biological marker of ovarian cancer, CA-125, was decreased by over 95%. A decrease of 50% is considered "good" and a decrease over 95% is considered "excellent."
- Cohort three (N=3) has been treated, and the last cohort is now enrolling. Top-line data, including immune response data, is expected in 1Q17.
- Conclusion. Clearing the safety hurdle for an IL-12 based therapy is critical given the potential for toxicity. While we await data for ThermoDox in primary liver cancer (interim data late 2018), GEN-1 continues to generate newsflow in immune-oncology, which we believe represents incremental catalysts for the stock.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Leerink Affirms Aurinia Pharma (AUPH) at 'Outperform' Following Voclosporin; Says Pipeline Remains Promising
- UPDATE: Brean Capital Assumes Alder Biopharm (ALDR) at Buy
- Leerink Positive on Ophthotech (OPHT) Amid Regeneron (REGN) Failure
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, FDA
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!