Massive Yahoo! Data Breech Headlines Seen Positive for Cyber Security Sector - Wells Fargo (CYBR) (FEYE) (PANW) (more...)
- Stocks dip as earnings pour in, consumer discretionary lags
- UPDATE: Alphabet (GOOG) Tops Q3 EPS Views; Revs Strong
- Baker Hughes (BHI), General Electric (GE) in Partnership Talks, Not Merger Talks
- Cirrus Logic, Inc. (CRUS) Q2 Results and Guidance Beat Estimates
- Amazon.com (AMZN) Misses Q3 EPS by 26c, Offers Q4 Guidance
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
While details on Yahoo's (NASDAQ: YHOO) massive e-mail hack are limited, with it being the largest compromise of all time, Wells Fargo analyst Gray Powell views the headlines as a positive for the security software space.
Yahoo has confirmed a data breach involving at least 500 million user accounts. The company believes a ''state sponsored actor'' was behind the breach, which is said to have first occurred in late 2014.
"While the group has regained some lost ground and is now +1% YTD (vs the Nasdaq at +6% YTD), we note that revenue multiples are still compressed relative to historical levels and that free cash flow profiles have substantially improved," Powell said. "Since 2011, the group has traded at an average 6.4x EV/ NTM revenue with a standard deviation of 1.2x. Today, the group trades at just under 5.0x 2017E EV/revs. As such, we see potential for multiples to expand."
The firm continues to rates CyberArk Software (NASDAQ: CYBR), Fortinet (NASDAQ: FTNT), Palo Alto Networks (NYSE: PANW), and Proofpoint (NASDAQ: PFPT) at Outperform, and Check Point Software Technology (NASDAQ: CHKP),
FireEye (NASDAQ: FEYE), and Symantec (NASDAQ: SYMC) at Market Perform.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Callidus Software (CALD) Said Mentioned Cautiously at Off Wall Street
- Needham & Company Reiterates Buy on TTM Technologies (TTMI) Following 3Q
- Drexel Hamilton Raises Price Target on VMware (VMW) Following 3Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesWells Fargo
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!