Massive Yahoo! Data Breech Headlines Seen Positive for Cyber Security Sector - Wells Fargo (CYBR) (FEYE) (PANW) (more...)
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
While details on Yahoo's (NASDAQ: YHOO) massive e-mail hack are limited, with it being the largest compromise of all time, Wells Fargo analyst Gray Powell views the headlines as a positive for the security software space.
Yahoo has confirmed a data breach involving at least 500 million user accounts. The company believes a ''state sponsored actor'' was behind the breach, which is said to have first occurred in late 2014.
"While the group has regained some lost ground and is now +1% YTD (vs the Nasdaq at +6% YTD), we note that revenue multiples are still compressed relative to historical levels and that free cash flow profiles have substantially improved," Powell said. "Since 2011, the group has traded at an average 6.4x EV/ NTM revenue with a standard deviation of 1.2x. Today, the group trades at just under 5.0x 2017E EV/revs. As such, we see potential for multiples to expand."
The firm continues to rates CyberArk Software (NASDAQ: CYBR), Fortinet (NASDAQ: FTNT), Palo Alto Networks (NYSE: PANW), and Proofpoint (NASDAQ: PFPT) at Outperform, and Check Point Software Technology (NASDAQ: CHKP),
FireEye (NASDAQ: FEYE), and Symantec (NASDAQ: SYMC) at Market Perform.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Mnuchin Wants Fannie (FNMA)/Freddie (FMCC) Out of Government Hands, But Stocks Grossly Overvalued - Keefe, Bruyette & Woods
- Dougherty & Co Starts Quality Systems (QSII) at Neutral
- Pivotal Research Downgrades Kroger (KR) to Hold
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesWells Fargo
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!