Massive Yahoo! Data Breech Headlines Seen Positive for Cyber Security Sector - Wells Fargo (CYBR) (FEYE) (PANW) (more...)
- Netflix, Inc. (NFLX) Tops Q4 EPS by 1c; Subs Beat Views
- S&P 500 ends up slightly with boost from financials; Netflix up late
- Nestle Said Examining Takeover of Mead Johnson (MJN) - Source
- La Quinta Holdings (LQ) Gains on Plan to Split in Two
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/18: (OCLR) (CSX) (NFLX) Higher; (AMDA) (RCII) (ZYNE) Lower (more...)
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
While details on Yahoo's (NASDAQ: YHOO) massive e-mail hack are limited, with it being the largest compromise of all time, Wells Fargo analyst Gray Powell views the headlines as a positive for the security software space.
Yahoo has confirmed a data breach involving at least 500 million user accounts. The company believes a ''state sponsored actor'' was behind the breach, which is said to have first occurred in late 2014.
"While the group has regained some lost ground and is now +1% YTD (vs the Nasdaq at +6% YTD), we note that revenue multiples are still compressed relative to historical levels and that free cash flow profiles have substantially improved," Powell said. "Since 2011, the group has traded at an average 6.4x EV/ NTM revenue with a standard deviation of 1.2x. Today, the group trades at just under 5.0x 2017E EV/revs. As such, we see potential for multiples to expand."
The firm continues to rates CyberArk Software (NASDAQ: CYBR), Fortinet (NASDAQ: FTNT), Palo Alto Networks (NYSE: PANW), and Proofpoint (NASDAQ: PFPT) at Outperform, and Check Point Software Technology (NASDAQ: CHKP),
FireEye (NASDAQ: FEYE), and Symantec (NASDAQ: SYMC) at Market Perform.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Wells Fargo Downgrades Goldman Sachs BDC, Inc. (GSBD) to Market Perform Citing Valution
- BMO Capital Raises Price Target on IHS Markit (INFO) Following 4Q
- Canaccord Genuity Raises Price Target on Boeing (BA) Ahead of 4Q Release
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesWells Fargo
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!