Leerink Partners Assumes WAVE Life Sciences (WVE) at Outperform
- Wall St. stock futures fall after Italy referendum
- Oil tops $55 for first time in 16 months as OPEC deal fuels buying
- Consolidated Communications (CNSL) to Acquire FairPoint Communications (FRP) in $1.5B Deal
- Burberry rejects multiple takeover offers from Coach: Financial Times
- Trump picks ex-rival Carson to head housing department
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Leerink Partners assumes coverage on WAVE Life Sciences (NASDAQ: WVE) with a Outperform rating and a price target of $45.00.
Analyst Paul Matteis commented, "In the context of recent safety setbacks for leading players in the oligonucleotide based therapeutic (OBT) space, we believe WVE's proprietary "stereopure" approach to drug development could enable the generation of less immunogenic and more potent nucleic acid medicines. Currently at a ~$960MM market cap, WVE looks expensive for a preclinical/phase I company but is priced at a steep discount (~20% to ~25%) to peers ALNY (MP) and IONS (MP); meanwhile, WVE anticipates rapid progress with 2 imminent IND filings, at least 3 clinical candidates in 2017, and 6 total filed INDs by the end of next year. We believe the theoretical promise of WVE's approach has been validated by $30MM equity investments from TEVA (OP) and PFE (MP), the latter of whom made an additional $10MM payment to partner up to 5 programs targeting metabolic disease."
Shares of WAVE Life Sciences closed at $36.45 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Credit Suisse Upgrades National Beverage (FIZZ) to Outperform
- Pivotal Research Downgrades Kroger (KR) to Hold
- Microsemi (MSCC): Improving Fundamentals and Cash Flow Warrant Higher Multiple - Needham & Company
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, New Coverage
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!