Journeys Underperformance Hampered Genesco (GCO) in Q2; Piper Affirms at 'Neutral'
- Wall St. lower as earnings from some big names disappoint
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 10/25: (CWEI) (NXTD) (EYES) Higher; (DPRX) (CRBP) (CALA) Lower (more...)
- General Motors (GM) Tops Q3 EPS by 28c
- Procter & Gamble (PG) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c
- DuPont (DD) Tops Q3 EPS by 14c; Boosts FY16 EPS Outlook; Says Continuing to Work with Regulators
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Piper Jaffray reaffirms its Neutral rating and $62 price target on Genesco (NYSE: GCO) after the company posted Q2 results and lowered FY17 outlook.
Analyst Erinn Murphy commented today,
While EPS was in line with our estimate at $0.34 (albeit ahead of the Street), sales underwhelmed during the quarter. Q2 sales were $626M--below the Street's $642M and our $636M estimate. Q2 comps were down 1% vs. the 1+% QTD trend through May 21st. That said, Journeys underperformed at -4%. Comps at Lids were flat, down 1% at Schuh and up 3% at J&M. QTD trends have started off slow with comps down 5% tied to softness in the UK as well as a fashion shift impacting Journeys.
We hope to glean more about the latter driver and the company's ability to fuel key trends from vendors in the Holiday season. With trends starting off soft during BTS, mgmt. lowered its FY17 guidance from $4.80 - $4.90 to $3.80 - $4.00. This compares to our already below-the-Street estimate of $4.70.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- T-Mobile (TMUS) Potential Capacity Crunch May Slow Momentum vs. Sprint (S) - FBR
- Oppenheimer Raises Price Target on T-Mobile (TMUS) to $55 Following 3Q Report
- Visa (V) PT Raised to $97 at UBS on Solid Q4
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View
Related EntitiesPiper Jaffray, Erinn Murphy
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!