Jefferies Upgrades National Fuel Gas (NFG) to Buy; Added to Franchise Picks List
- Wall Street dips as telecoms slump; AmEx surges
- Microsoft (MSFT) Tops Q1 EPS by 8c
- AMD (AMD) Posts Q3 Operating EPS of 3c; Sees Q4 Revenue Down Sequentially
- AT&T (T) Said to Discuss Idea of Takeover in Time Warner (TWX) Meetings
- Alkermes plc (ALKS) Announces Third ALKS 5461 Phase 3 Met Primary Endpoint in MDD
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Jefferies upgraded National Fuel Gas (NYSE: NFG) from Hold to Buy with a price target of $67 (from $60) and added the stock to the Franchise Picks List.
Analyst Christopher Sighinolfi commented, "We are upgrading NFG to Buy, from Hold, and lifting our Sum-of-the-Parts (SOP) derived price target to $67, from $60, due to a roll-forward to F2018 financial expectations & the incorporation of Northern Access-related growth; we also note that shares are off ~10% in the last month in sympathy with broader utility-sector weakness. Despite a recent uptick in political opposition to new energy pipelines (see below), we believe NFG’s Northern Access project stands a good chance of securing the necessary approvals for its Nov. 2017 planned in-service & believe it will significantly advance the company’s value proposition. In particular, we note that N. Access is, in part, designed to bring low-cost PA natural gas into NY state for the benefit of greater Buffalo utility customers, it is being constructed by a NY-based company, ~80% of its route traverses existing utility corridors, and nearly all of its proposed route has been secured. While NY political opposition to hydrocarbon development remains, we believe this particular project offers attributes to be supported."
Shares of National Fuel Gas closed at $52.75 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Genuine Parts (GPC) to $95 Following 3Q Report
- Wedbush Cuts Price Target on eBay (EBAY) Following 3Q Beat
- Jefferies Upgrades Mid-America Apartment Communities (MAA) to Buy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change, Upgrades
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co, Jefferies Franchise Pick List
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!