Jefferies Upgrades National Fuel Gas (NFG) to Buy; Added to Franchise Picks List
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Jefferies upgraded National Fuel Gas (NYSE: NFG) from Hold to Buy with a price target of $67 (from $60) and added the stock to the Franchise Picks List.
Analyst Christopher Sighinolfi commented, "We are upgrading NFG to Buy, from Hold, and lifting our Sum-of-the-Parts (SOP) derived price target to $67, from $60, due to a roll-forward to F2018 financial expectations & the incorporation of Northern Access-related growth; we also note that shares are off ~10% in the last month in sympathy with broader utility-sector weakness. Despite a recent uptick in political opposition to new energy pipelines (see below), we believe NFG’s Northern Access project stands a good chance of securing the necessary approvals for its Nov. 2017 planned in-service & believe it will significantly advance the company’s value proposition. In particular, we note that N. Access is, in part, designed to bring low-cost PA natural gas into NY state for the benefit of greater Buffalo utility customers, it is being constructed by a NY-based company, ~80% of its route traverses existing utility corridors, and nearly all of its proposed route has been secured. While NY political opposition to hydrocarbon development remains, we believe this particular project offers attributes to be supported."
Shares of National Fuel Gas closed at $52.75 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Skyworks Solutions (SWKS) PT Raised to $105 at Oppenheimer Following 1Q Report
- Web.com, Inc. (WEB) PT Raised to $25 at BWS Financial Ahead of 4Q Report
- UPDATE: Stifel Upgrades Abraxas Petroleum (AXAS) to Buy Amid Emerging Delaware Basin Potential
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change, Upgrades
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co, Jefferies Franchise Pick List
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!