Jefferies Upgrades National Fuel Gas (NFG) to Buy; Added to Franchise Picks List
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Jefferies upgraded National Fuel Gas (NYSE: NFG) from Hold to Buy with a price target of $67 (from $60) and added the stock to the Franchise Picks List.
Analyst Christopher Sighinolfi commented, "We are upgrading NFG to Buy, from Hold, and lifting our Sum-of-the-Parts (SOP) derived price target to $67, from $60, due to a roll-forward to F2018 financial expectations & the incorporation of Northern Access-related growth; we also note that shares are off ~10% in the last month in sympathy with broader utility-sector weakness. Despite a recent uptick in political opposition to new energy pipelines (see below), we believe NFG’s Northern Access project stands a good chance of securing the necessary approvals for its Nov. 2017 planned in-service & believe it will significantly advance the company’s value proposition. In particular, we note that N. Access is, in part, designed to bring low-cost PA natural gas into NY state for the benefit of greater Buffalo utility customers, it is being constructed by a NY-based company, ~80% of its route traverses existing utility corridors, and nearly all of its proposed route has been secured. While NY political opposition to hydrocarbon development remains, we believe this particular project offers attributes to be supported."
Shares of National Fuel Gas closed at $52.75 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Stifel Upgrades PayPal (PYPL) to Buy Following 'Solid' Q3 Results
- Imperial Capital Raises Price Target on Proofpoint (PFPT) Following Strong 3Q Results
- Wedbush Reiterates Outperform on Pool Corp. (POOL) Following 3Q Report
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change, Upgrades
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co, Jefferies Franchise Pick List
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!