Jefferies Remains Sidelined as USG Corp. (USG) Plans L&W Divestiture
- Stocks dip as earnings pour in, consumer discretionary lags
- UPDATE: Alphabet (GOOG) Tops Q3 EPS Views; Revs Strong
- Baker Hughes (BHI), General Electric (GE) in Partnership Talks, Not Merger Talks
- Cirrus Logic, Inc. (CRUS) Q2 Results and Guidance Beat Estimates
- Amazon.com (AMZN) Misses Q3 EPS by 26c, Offers Q4 Guidance
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Jefferies reiterated a Hold rating and $33.00 price target on USG Corp. (NYSE: USG) following the company's announced divestiture of L&W. USG is selling L&W for $670 mil or 12.9x EV/EBITDA and is expected to close in 4Q16. $600 mil of the proceeds will be used to recall debt, reducing interest expense to $80 mil in 2017.
Analyst Philip Ng commented, "We are encouraged by the divestiture of L&W, which improves its BS and flexibility to deploy capital in higher return businesses, and could drive multiple expansion. While we expect USG to manage the situation well, with 30% of its wallboard business tied to L&W that could roll off once the supply agreement with ABC Supply ends, there is the potential for some share leakage, which could weigh on pricing."
Shares of USG Corp. closed at $29.94 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on W.R. Grace & Co. (GRA); Reiterates Buy
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on VMware (VMW) to $91 Following Better Than Expected 3Q
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Essendant (ESND) to $18 Following EPS Miss
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!