Jefferies Downgrades Pfizer (PFE) to Hold; Key Drivers Have Played Out
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Jefferies downgraded Pfizer (NYSE: PFE) from Buy to Hold with a price target of $36.00 (from $39.00), saying key drivers have played out.
Analyst Jeffrey Holford commented, "We have downgraded PFE to Hold from Buy as the key drivers that originally drove our upgrade have either played out (Ibrance, Prevnar) or failed to materialize (inversion, GEP separation) in our view. We have lowered our mid term EPS estimates by up to 7% after updating our model for the infusion business disposal and weaker Ibrance trends in particular and are now up to 4% below mid term consensus revenue and EPS. We have lowered our PT to $36 from $39 and reduced our rating from Buy to Hold as a result of these changes and our view that the risk of major M&A action by PFE over the next 12 months or so has increased."
Shares of Pfizer closed at $33.07 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Reliance Steel (RS) Following 3Q EPS Miss and Guidance
- KLA-Tencor (KLAC) PT Raised to $85 at Cowen
- Microsoft (MSFT): Still Grossly Overvalued - Jefferies
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change, Downgrades, Hot Downgrades
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!