Jefferies Downgrades Pfizer (PFE) to Hold; Key Drivers Have Played Out
- Dow, S&P 500 surge to highs; transports set record
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/7: (ANTH) (EMKR) (PLAY) Higher; (SIGM) (OHAI) (FTK) Lower
- Abbott (ABT) Files Complaint to Terminate Alere (ALR) Acquisition
- Western Digital (WDC) Raises Q2 Outlook
- Biotech, Pharma Stocks Weaker Amid Trump Comments on Lower Drug Prices
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Jefferies downgraded Pfizer (NYSE: PFE) from Buy to Hold with a price target of $36.00 (from $39.00), saying key drivers have played out.
Analyst Jeffrey Holford commented, "We have downgraded PFE to Hold from Buy as the key drivers that originally drove our upgrade have either played out (Ibrance, Prevnar) or failed to materialize (inversion, GEP separation) in our view. We have lowered our mid term EPS estimates by up to 7% after updating our model for the infusion business disposal and weaker Ibrance trends in particular and are now up to 4% below mid term consensus revenue and EPS. We have lowered our PT to $36 from $39 and reduced our rating from Buy to Hold as a result of these changes and our view that the risk of major M&A action by PFE over the next 12 months or so has increased."
Shares of Pfizer closed at $33.07 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Credit Suisse Downgrades NetApp (NTAP) to Underperform
- RBC Capital Downgrades Concordia Healthcare (CXRX) to Underperform, $1 PT
- Oppenheimer Assumes Mallinckrodt plc (MNK) at Outperform
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change, Downgrades, Hot Downgrades
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!