Jefferies Downgrades Pfizer (PFE) to Hold; Key Drivers Have Played Out
- Healthcare, tech stocks drive Wall Street higher
- Twitter (TWTR) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Announces Restructuring, Workforce Reduction
- Qualcomm (QCOM) to Acquire NXP Semi (NXPI) in $47B Deal
- Tesla (TSLA) Posts Q3 adj.-EPS of 71c
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 10/27: (PRQR) (OCN) (TWTR) Higher; (CYH) (GNC) (RNWK) Lower (more...)
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Jefferies downgraded Pfizer (NYSE: PFE) from Buy to Hold with a price target of $36.00 (from $39.00), saying key drivers have played out.
Analyst Jeffrey Holford commented, "We have downgraded PFE to Hold from Buy as the key drivers that originally drove our upgrade have either played out (Ibrance, Prevnar) or failed to materialize (inversion, GEP separation) in our view. We have lowered our mid term EPS estimates by up to 7% after updating our model for the infusion business disposal and weaker Ibrance trends in particular and are now up to 4% below mid term consensus revenue and EPS. We have lowered our PT to $36 from $39 and reduced our rating from Buy to Hold as a result of these changes and our view that the risk of major M&A action by PFE over the next 12 months or so has increased."
Shares of Pfizer closed at $33.07 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Mizuho Securities Downgrades Community Health (CYH) to Underperform
- Jefferies Raises Price Target as Cheesecake Factory (CAKE) Posts 3Q Beat
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Northrop Grumman (NOC) Following 3Q Beat
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change, Downgrades, Hot Downgrades
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!