Jefferies Downgrades Citi (C) to Hold
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Jefferies downgraded Citi (NYSE: C) from Buy to Hold with a price target of $63.00 (from $58.00) to reflect post-election stock/EPS dynamics.
Analyst Ken Usdin commented, "Downgrade C to Hold (from Buy); $63 PT We downgrade C to Hold, with the 14% upside to our $63 price target just shy of maintaining a Buy rating. Citi shares are up 12% since the election, inline with JPM and underperforming BAC by 7%. With nearly half of its revenues generated abroad (including 10% in Mexico), domestic pro-growth and protectionist policies may only go so far to help Citi. Tax policy changes could have negative implications on DTA and regulatory capital (depending on several variables). We also believe higher U.S. interest rates should benefit Citi, but more modestly vs. BAC and JPM."
Shares of Citi closed at $56.78 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) to $210 Following 4Q
- Finisar (FNSR) PT Raised to $44 at Needham & Company, Estimates Raised Sharply
- BMO Capital Raises Price Target on Dollar Tree (DLTR) to $96; Reiterates Market Perform
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change, Downgrades
Related EntitiesCiti, Jefferies & Co
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!