Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Murphy USA (MUSA) to $85; Reiterates Buy
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Jefferies maintained a Buy rating on Murphy USA (NYSE: MUSA), and cut the price target to $85.00 (from $89.00), following the company's 3Q earnings report. MUSA reported 3Q EPS results of $1.16 vs. $1.60 consensus. However, nearly all fundamental drivers to the L-T thesis remains intact and MUSA continues to execute on what it can control.
Analyst Christopher Mandeville commented, "Though 3Q EPS disappointed (largely on PS&W) and 4Q sets up no better given a 2nd set of transitory issues, fundamentals remain strong and key tenants to our Buy rating (merch. GM% outperformance, strong opex/store control, a 5% FCF yield next yr., BS optionality, strong ROIC) remain intact. For L-T investors seeking a high quality operator with solid ~10% L-T EPS growth, we believe valuation has been derisked at current levels and recommend buying on weakness."
Shares of Murphy USA closed at $65.44 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- MKM Partners Raises Price Target on Finisar (FNSR) to $43 Following 2Q
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on GTx, Inc. (GTXI) to $7 Following Enobosarm Trial Results
- UBS Raises Price Target on Dick's Sporting Goods (DKS) to $69
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!