Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Murphy USA (MUSA) to $85; Reiterates Buy
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Jefferies maintained a Buy rating on Murphy USA (NYSE: MUSA), and cut the price target to $85.00 (from $89.00), following the company's 3Q earnings report. MUSA reported 3Q EPS results of $1.16 vs. $1.60 consensus. However, nearly all fundamental drivers to the L-T thesis remains intact and MUSA continues to execute on what it can control.
Analyst Christopher Mandeville commented, "Though 3Q EPS disappointed (largely on PS&W) and 4Q sets up no better given a 2nd set of transitory issues, fundamentals remain strong and key tenants to our Buy rating (merch. GM% outperformance, strong opex/store control, a 5% FCF yield next yr., BS optionality, strong ROIC) remain intact. For L-T investors seeking a high quality operator with solid ~10% L-T EPS growth, we believe valuation has been derisked at current levels and recommend buying on weakness."
Shares of Murphy USA closed at $65.44 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Workday (WDAY) to $71 Following 3Q
- Cowen Cuts Price Target on Workday (WDAY) Following 3Q
- ULTA Salon (ULTA) PT Raised to $290 at Stifel But Remains Sidelined
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!