JD.com (JD): Weak Quarter But Better Than Expected - Piper Jaffray
- Wall Street opens flat as investors assess earnings
- General Motors (GM) Tops Q3 EPS by 28c
- Procter & Gamble (PG) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c
- DuPont (DD) Tops Q3 EPS by 14c; Boosts FY16 EPS Outlook; Says Continuing to Work with Regulators
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 10/25: (SAEX) (CWEI) (SWFT) Higher; (DPRX) (CRBP) (UA) Lower (more...)
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Piper Jaffray analyst, Gene Munster, reiterated his Neutral rating on shares of JD.com, Inc (NASDAQ: JD) after June '16 financial results came in line with Street expectations. September '16 revenue guidance of 59-61B RMB was slightly below the Street at 61.4B RMB, but viewed as positive given investors were bracing for a guide-down.
The company is successfully growing its fast moving goods segment, advertising and financing business. The story continues with healthy GMV growth of 47% compared to 55% in March '16, and appears to be taking pages out of Amazon's U.S. game plan, with a relentless focus on the consumer experience at lower margins than Alibaba, the leader in China ecommerce.
No change to the price target of $27.00
Shares of JD.com, Inc closed at $23.41 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- NXP Semiconductors (NXPI) PT Raised at Oppenheimer Ahead of Earnings and Potential M&A
- Intersil (ISIL) PT Bumped to $22 at Stifel
- Argus Downgrades PPG Industries (PPG) to Hold
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change
Related EntitiesPiper Jaffray, Gene Munster, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!