JD.com (JD): Weak Quarter But Better Than Expected - Piper Jaffray
- Wall St dips on Trump protectionism, Qualcomm drag
- Yahoo! (YHOO) Tops Q4 EPS by 4c; Sees Verizon Deal Closing in Q2, Not Q1
- Aetna's (AET) Humana (HUM) Takeover Blocked by Judge as Anticompetative
- Trump signs order withdrawing U.S. from Trans-Pacific trade deal
- Qualcomm (QCOM) Thrashed as Apple (AAPL) Lawsuit Threatens Licensing Business Model
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Piper Jaffray analyst, Gene Munster, reiterated his Neutral rating on shares of JD.com, Inc (NASDAQ: JD) after June '16 financial results came in line with Street expectations. September '16 revenue guidance of 59-61B RMB was slightly below the Street at 61.4B RMB, but viewed as positive given investors were bracing for a guide-down.
The company is successfully growing its fast moving goods segment, advertising and financing business. The story continues with healthy GMV growth of 47% compared to 55% in March '16, and appears to be taking pages out of Amazon's U.S. game plan, with a relentless focus on the consumer experience at lower margins than Alibaba, the leader in China ecommerce.
No change to the price target of $27.00
Shares of JD.com, Inc closed at $23.41 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- General Electric (GE) PT Lowered to $35 at UBS Following 4Q Report
- Xilinx (XLNX) PT Raised to $55 at Deutsche Bank Ahead of 3Q Report
- UPDATE: Seaport Global Securities Upgrades Rockwell Collins (COL) to Buy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change
Related EntitiesPiper Jaffray, Gene Munster, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!