Imperial Capital Raises Price Target on Churchill Downs (CHDN) Ahead of 3Q Report
- Stocks dip as earnings pour in, consumer discretionary lags
- UPDATE: Alphabet (GOOG) Tops Q3 EPS Views; Revs Strong
- Baker Hughes (BHI), General Electric (GE) in Partnership Talks, Not Merger Talks
- Cirrus Logic, Inc. (CRUS) Q2 Results and Guidance Beat Estimates
- Amazon.com (AMZN) Misses Q3 EPS by 26c, Offers Q4 Guidance
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Imperial Capital reiterated an Outperform rating on Churchill Downs (NASDAQ: CHDN), and raised the price target to $165.00 (from $145.00), ahead of the company's 3Q earnings report. For the third quarter, Imperial expects Churchill Downs to report a decline of 7.1% in EBITDA due entirely to the company continuing to invest in its Big Fish Games segment.
Analyst Gregg Klein commented, "We are maintaining our Outperform rating on CHDN shares while raising our one-year price target to $165 from $145, approximately 16% above the recent share price. The company is being valued at an 8.3x total enterprise value, based on our 2017 earnings estimates, which is slightly below the mean of the select gaming comparables that we analyze. We are valuing the CHDN shares on a sum-of-the-parts analysis, with multiples ranging from 7.5x for its casino division to 11.0x for Big Fish Games. Our one-year price target of $165 per share values the company at 9.0x our 2017E earnings, which we think is appropriate."
Shares of Churchill Downs closed at $142.39 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Mizuho Securities Downgrades Community Health (CYH) to Underperform
- F5 Networks (FFIV) PT Raised to $120 at Jefferies
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on General Dynamics (GD) Following 3Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesEarnings, Imperial Capital
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!