Goldman Sachs Lowers 2014 Tablet Growth Forecast (AAPL)
- Charter Communications (CHTR) Nears $55B Takeover of Time Warner Cable (TWC)
- Top 10 News for 5/18 - 5/22: Fed Rate Hike Pushed Back; Icahn Calls for More Apple Buybacks; Big Banks Settle FX Probe
- Yellen Says Rate Hike at Some Point This Year 'Appropriate'
- Deere & Co. (DE) Posts Q2 EPS of $2.03; Lowers Equipment Sales Outlook for FY15
- Hewlett-Packard (HPQ) Tops Q2 EPS by 1c; Guides Q3 EPS to Low-Side of Expectations
Goldman Sachs lowered its 2014 tablet growth forecast to 15.4% from 20.4%. 2015 estimates were lowered to 14.6% from 19.6%. There was no change to Apple's (Nasdaq: AAPL) estimates, but analyst Bill Shope is watching for growth in the second half of 2014.
"First-quarter tablet data came in well below our forecast, with unit growth of just 1.0% yoy coming in well below our 22.1% estimate. While disappointing, 1Q2014 faced a difficult compare against 1Q2013, which experienced remarkable 111% annual unit growth (largely on channel fill). Nevertheless, this market is showing signs of maturity, and if next-generation tablets from Apple and others don’t reignite growth in 2H, there may be further risk to our growth forecast. For tablets, we now expect 2014 unit growth of 15.4%, down from 20.4% previously, and 2015 unit growth of 14.6%, down from 19.6% previously," said Shope.
"We have already factored in weaker iPad sales into our Apple forecast following the company’s latest earnings release, and we are not revising estimates for any of our other companies at this time," he added.
2014 PC forecasts were adjusted to reflect a decline of 3.7%, up from 4%. 2015 shipments are expected to decline 0.8% vs 1.2% prior.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Foot Locker (FL) Price Target Raised at Deutsche Bank Following Strong Quarterly Results
- The Fresh Market's (TFM) Strategy Questioned at Deutsche Bank Following Mixed Q1 Results
- Wedbush Maintains Outperform following Kirkland's (KIRK) Q1 Results
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View
Related EntitiesGoldman Sachs, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!