Global Blood Therapeutics' (GBT) GBT440 Has Potential for Peak Sales of $2.7B, Says Wells Fargo; Analyst Initiates Coverage at 'Outperform'
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) in Advanced Talks to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) - WSJ
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
(Updated - September 30, 2016 10:58 AM EDT)
Wells Fargo initiated coverage on Global Blood Therapeutics (NASDAQ: GBT) with an Outperform rating and a price target of $71-$81. Analyst Jim Birchenough said his positive view is based on outlook for successful phase 3 development and commercialization of Sickle Cell Disease treatment GBT440, which is seen as a best-in-class hemoglobin modifier with estimated peak sales of $2.7 billion. Birchenough also pointed out that GBT has multiple potential value drivers beyond the phase 3 trial that could support upside potential for the stock.
"With phase 2 data demonstrating a hemoglobin modification rate of 17-27%, a 1.1 g/dL mean increase in hemoglobin (up to 2 g/dL), 21% decrease in reticulocyte count, and bilirubin reduction of 37.5%, we believe that a clinically relevant benefit has already been described for GBT440 and should translate into reduction in vaso-occlusive crisis (VOC)," said Birchenough.
The analyst continued, "With VOC as a potential primary endpoint in phase 3 and a definite determinant of commercial success, we believe that prior data for extracorporeal hemoglobin modification with sodium cyanate in the Diederich study demonstrating 77% reduction in VOC, absent VOC in SCD patients with hereditary persistence of fetal hemoglobin (HPFH) and anti-sickling fetal hemoglobin (HbF) of 10-30%, and absolute absence of VOC in any GBT440treated patient on-study to date, all support a high likelihood of VOC benefit and phase 3 success."
Wells Fargo's $71-$81 per share valuation range is based on probability adjusted NPV for GBT440 assuming $2.7 billion in peak sales, and 60%-65% likelihood of success.
Shares of Global Blood Therapeutics closed at $20.46 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Valeant's (VRX) Weak Business Could Force it to Refinance Debt - Wells Fargo's Maris
- SunTrust Raises Price Target on E*TRADE Financial (ETFC) to $31 Following Solid 3Q
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Reliance Steel (RS) Following 3Q EPS Miss and Guidance
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, Hot Comments, Hot New Coverage, New Coverage
Related EntitiesWells Fargo
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!