Forward Pharma (FWP): Reiterating Buy Ahead Of Next Week's Litigation - Leerink
- Wall Street surges to new highs; transports set record
- lululemon athletica (LULU) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Adj.-Comps Outpaced Views
- Abbott (ABT) Files Complaint to Terminate Alere (ALR) Acquisition
- Costco Wholesale (COST) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c; Comps Up 1%, 2% Ex-Gas
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/07: (VYGR) (LULU) (HRB( Higher; (OHRP) (VRNT) (CMTL) Lower (more...)
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Leerink Partners analyst, Jason Gerberry, reiterated his Outperform rating on shares of Forward Pharma (NASDAQ: FWP) ahead of the interference oral arguments. The analyst is modeling 65% odds to FWP prevailing in its patent interference dispute with Biogen (NASDAQ: BIIB) regarding the Tecfidera IP.
Biogen appears resolved to defend its '514 Tecfidera dosing patent, the longest-lived patent (expires 2028E) protecting the $3.4bn US brand, rather that settle with FWP, which is disputing priority of invention. A win for FWP in the interference could entitle it to damages/royalties for patent infringement. Biogen's decision not to settle most likely stems from concerns about the longevity of the '514 patent & its internal belief FWP's patent application fails to meet patentability requirements. The analyst believes that FWP's case comes down to whether the PTAB accepts Biogen's written description argument which will likely be the focus of the interference hearing. Rulings are expected on both IPR and Interference in 1Q’17.
No change to the price target of $44.
Shares of Forward Pharma closed at $21.24 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Oppenheimer Raises Price Target on NeuroDerm (NDRM) to $30 After Meeting with FDA
- Western Digital (WDC): Raising PT After Analyst Day - Baird
- Wedbush Raises Price Target on Francesca's (FRAN) Following 3Q Report
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change, FDA
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!