Forward Pharma (FWP): Reiterating Buy Ahead Of Next Week's Litigation - Leerink
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Leerink Partners analyst, Jason Gerberry, reiterated his Outperform rating on shares of Forward Pharma (NASDAQ: FWP) ahead of the interference oral arguments. The analyst is modeling 65% odds to FWP prevailing in its patent interference dispute with Biogen (NASDAQ: BIIB) regarding the Tecfidera IP.
Biogen appears resolved to defend its '514 Tecfidera dosing patent, the longest-lived patent (expires 2028E) protecting the $3.4bn US brand, rather that settle with FWP, which is disputing priority of invention. A win for FWP in the interference could entitle it to damages/royalties for patent infringement. Biogen's decision not to settle most likely stems from concerns about the longevity of the '514 patent & its internal belief FWP's patent application fails to meet patentability requirements. The analyst believes that FWP's case comes down to whether the PTAB accepts Biogen's written description argument which will likely be the focus of the interference hearing. Rulings are expected on both IPR and Interference in 1Q’17.
No change to the price target of $44.
Shares of Forward Pharma closed at $21.24 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Oppenheimer Cuts Price Target on Workday (WDAY) Following 3Q; Reiterates Outperform
- Brean Capital Cuts Price Target on G-III Apparel Group (GIII) Following 3Q Miss
- FBR Capital Cuts Price Target on Express (EXPR) Following 3Q EPS Miss
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change, FDA
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!