Forward Pharma (FWP): Reiterating Buy Ahead Of Next Week's Litigation - Leerink
- Wall Street again marks new highs in post-election run
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Restoration Hardware (RH) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Guides Well Below the Street
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/08: (FNSR) (AVGO) (GLPG) Higher; (XTLY) (RH) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Leerink Partners analyst, Jason Gerberry, reiterated his Outperform rating on shares of Forward Pharma (NASDAQ: FWP) ahead of the interference oral arguments. The analyst is modeling 65% odds to FWP prevailing in its patent interference dispute with Biogen (NASDAQ: BIIB) regarding the Tecfidera IP.
Biogen appears resolved to defend its '514 Tecfidera dosing patent, the longest-lived patent (expires 2028E) protecting the $3.4bn US brand, rather that settle with FWP, which is disputing priority of invention. A win for FWP in the interference could entitle it to damages/royalties for patent infringement. Biogen's decision not to settle most likely stems from concerns about the longevity of the '514 patent & its internal belief FWP's patent application fails to meet patentability requirements. The analyst believes that FWP's case comes down to whether the PTAB accepts Biogen's written description argument which will likely be the focus of the interference hearing. Rulings are expected on both IPR and Interference in 1Q’17.
No change to the price target of $44.
Shares of Forward Pharma closed at $21.24 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- BMO Capital Cuts Price Target on Comtech Telecom (CMTL) to $16 Following 1Q
- BMO Capital Raises Price Target on Ciena (CIEN) Following 4Q
- Stifel Reiterates Buy on Casella Waste Systems (CWST) - PT to $16
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change, FDA
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!