Fitbit (FIT): Earnings Preview - Oppenheimer
- Netflix, Inc. (NFLX) Tops Q4 EPS by 1c; Subs Beat Views
- S&P 500 ends up slightly with boost from financials; Netflix up late
- Nestle Said Examining Takeover of Mead Johnson (MJN) - Source
- La Quinta Holdings (LQ) Gains on Plan to Split in Two
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/18: (OCLR) (CSX) (NFLX) Higher; (AMDA) (RCII) (ZYNE) Lower (more...)
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Oppenheimer analyst, Andrew Uerkwitz, reiterated his Outperform rating on shares of Fitbit (NYSE: FIT) and believes perceived September/October weakness is business as usual—not just for FIT but for the broader consumer electronics space.
The analyst believes that consumers are finished with back-to-school buys and are gearing up for winter holidays. December-quarter estimates are a leap of faith, but looking at past/recent trends gives the analyst confidence in the long term potential for the company. The analyst is seeing a pickup in tracker, in particular the Charge HR 2. Moreover, looking past the holidays, he believes the fuller-featured, higher-quality Charge HR 2 is a harbinger of things to come in 2017.
No change to the price target of $25.
Shares of Fitbit closed at $13.26 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Target (TGT) PT, Estimates Cut at Buckingham Research Following Miss
- Piper Jaffray Downgrades CoLucid Pharmaceuticals (CLCD) to Neutral Amid Takeover
- Barclays Downgrades Cerner (CERN) to Equalweight
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View
Related EntitiesEarnings, Andrew Uerkwitz
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!