FBR Capital Cuts Price Target as FuelCell Energy (FCEL) Cuts Revenue Guidance
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
FBR Capital reiterated a Market Perform rating on FuelCell Energy (NASDAQ: FCEL), and cut the price target to $2.50 (from $3.00), after recent setbacks cause the company to lower its F4Q16 revenue guidance. FCEL guided F4Q16 revenue to $23M–$25M, lower than consensus forecasts. Part of the reduction was from not winning any clean energy awards and part from the reclassification of a fuel cell plant constructed for Pfizer that was originally expected to be sold but will be accounted for as a sales leaseback transaction.
Analyst Carter Driscoll commented, "This morning, December 1, FCEL lowered its F4Q16 revenue guidance after its recent setbacks regarding awards from certain clean energy RFPs. The company is cutting head count to lower its cost structure to better align production levels with its order book, cutting the annual production rate to 25 MW from 50 MW. FCEL is reducing head count by approximately 17%, or 96 positions, primarily in direct manufacturing but also some administrative positions, and taking a $3M charge in FY17, 50% of which is expected to be in cash severance costs. Additionally, the company hopes to lower operating costs and save $6M in annual opex. We believe these steps are the appropriate responses to the loss of expected awards in the aforementioned clean energy RFPs. Until we have more clarity that the reduced production levels are truly temporary in nature, we are taking a more conservative outlook for fuel cell power generation aimed at utility-scale projects and have lowered our revenue estimates and price target to $2.50 from $3.00."
Shares of FuelCell Energy closed at $2.25 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Zumiez, Inc. (ZUMZ) to $23 Following 3Q
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Ulta Salon (ULTA) to $270; Reiterates Hold
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on PG&E Corp. (PCG) to $65 Following Rate Case Decision
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!