Deutsche Bank Upgrades Rice Energy (RICE) to Buy
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Deutsche Bank upgraded Rice Energy (NYSE: RICE) from Hold to Buy with a price target of $33.00 (from $30.00). Analyst Josh Silverstein sees an attractive entry.
"The past two months have proven to be a challenge for producers and the commodity alike as concerns around winter weather are peaking while pipeline delays are reducing expectations for Northeast realized prices. Add to it improving Marcellus well productivity, the re-emergence of the Haynesville (hello 30+MMcfpd IP rates), and accelerating activity across the oil focused basins, we can see plenty of reasons to question the 2016 rally. However, the non-weather demand side of the equation has also proven to be stronger, keeping us of the view that the l-t range of $3.00-3.50/mmbtu still holds, providing a better risk adjusted entry point for the equities that imply ~$2.90," said Silverstein.
"While we had remained on the sidelines at RICE due to our position on natural gas price, we consistently favored the integrated business model and appreciated management’s disciplined approach to consolidation. This was exemplified by the ~$2.7Bn Vantage acquisition, which not only improved inventory duration but also quality of inventory (lateral lengths now 8-10k ft for combined acreage vs. 6k ft previously) along with a larger midstream footprint that has created greater value, both near and long term (GP IPO a future possibility). Following the update to our S/D model, we see RICE benefiting from their short firm transport capacity position (50% of 2018 production exposed to in basin pricing) as pipelines will likely be overbuilt in the basin. The recent downward move in the stock (down 10% since Oct 1) provides a buying opportunity as we upgrade the stock from HOLD to BUY," added the analyst.
Shares of Rice Energy closed at $24.01 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Rite Aid (RAD)/Walgreens (WBA) Antitrust Concerns Doesn't Mean Deal is Dead, Says Deutsche Bank
- Zayo Group Holdings (ZAYO) PT Raised to $41 at BTIG; Reiterates Buy
- Herbalife's (HLF) Debt Package News Seen as 'Enormous Positive' at Pivotal Research
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, Upgrades
Related EntitiesDeutsche Bank, Definitive Agreement, IPO
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!