Depomed (DEPO): Positive News Flow But There Is Risk If The Company Manages The Sale - RBC
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
RBC Capital analyst, Randall Stanicky, reiterated his Sector Perform rating on shares of DepoMed Inc (NASDAQ: DEPO) noting that news flow is about to pick up meaningfully following (i) last week's press report that DEPO may be preparing to put itself up for sale (ii) the 9/19 Starboard letter underscoring its position ahead of the recently set 11/15 shareholder vote and (iii) NUCYNTA legal decision expected by next Fri.
The NUCYNTA decision is expected from Judge Cecchi by Sept 30 (next Fri) and seems likely to add to the company's value. The analyst is most focused on the '364 patent (Dec 2025), which covers both the IR/ER versions (i.e., all NUCYNTA) and is the more debated of the three patents. The analyst believes that absent big surprises any move on a decision is likely worth ~$1.50 to $2.00.
It's unclear if DEPO will have a response to Starboard but the analyst thinks there is risk in the company running a formal sale process. No change to the price target of $22.
Shares of DepoMed Inc closed at $24.22 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- RBC Capital Raises Price Target on Danaher (DHR) Following 'Clean' 3Q Report
- RBC Capital Neutral on GE's (GE) Q3 Report, Outlook; Reaffirms at 'Outperform'
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Reliance Steel (RS) Following 3Q EPS Miss and Guidance
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View
Related EntitiesRBC Capital
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!