Depomed (DEPO): Positive News Flow But There Is Risk If The Company Manages The Sale - RBC
- Wall Street flat as telecom gains fail to counter oil drop
- Equinix (EQIX) Announces $3.6B Acquisition of Data Center Portfolio from Verzion (VZ)
- Deal Progress Said to Slow as Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) Puts Actelion (ALIOY) Under Microscope - Source
- Trump Wants to Cancel New Air Force One Order with Boeing (BA)
- Roper Industries (ROP) to acquire Deltek in $2.8B Deal
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
RBC Capital analyst, Randall Stanicky, reiterated his Sector Perform rating on shares of DepoMed Inc (NASDAQ: DEPO) noting that news flow is about to pick up meaningfully following (i) last week's press report that DEPO may be preparing to put itself up for sale (ii) the 9/19 Starboard letter underscoring its position ahead of the recently set 11/15 shareholder vote and (iii) NUCYNTA legal decision expected by next Fri.
The NUCYNTA decision is expected from Judge Cecchi by Sept 30 (next Fri) and seems likely to add to the company's value. The analyst is most focused on the '364 patent (Dec 2025), which covers both the IR/ER versions (i.e., all NUCYNTA) and is the more debated of the three patents. The analyst believes that absent big surprises any move on a decision is likely worth ~$1.50 to $2.00.
It's unclear if DEPO will have a response to Starboard but the analyst thinks there is risk in the company running a formal sale process. No change to the price target of $22.
Shares of DepoMed Inc closed at $24.22 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Stifel Downgrades PennTex Midstream Partners, LP (PTXP) to Hold
- FBR Capital Raises Price Target on Matador Resources (MTDR) Following Announced Offerings
- Wedbush Raises Price Target on Regions Financial (RF) to $15; Reiterates Outperform
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View
Related EntitiesRBC Capital
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!