Depomed (DEPO): Positive News Flow But There Is Risk If The Company Manages The Sale - RBC
- Banks, telecoms lead Wall Street up; another Dow record
- Western Digital (WDC) Raises Q2 Outlook
- bluebird bio (BLUE) to Offer $200M of Common Stock
- Dave & Buster's Entertainment (PLAY) Tops Q3 EPS by 11c, Raises FY Revenue Guidance
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/06: (PLAY) (ANTH) (WDC) Higher; (AVAV) (ESV) (BLUE) Lower (more...)
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
RBC Capital analyst, Randall Stanicky, reiterated his Sector Perform rating on shares of DepoMed Inc (NASDAQ: DEPO) noting that news flow is about to pick up meaningfully following (i) last week's press report that DEPO may be preparing to put itself up for sale (ii) the 9/19 Starboard letter underscoring its position ahead of the recently set 11/15 shareholder vote and (iii) NUCYNTA legal decision expected by next Fri.
The NUCYNTA decision is expected from Judge Cecchi by Sept 30 (next Fri) and seems likely to add to the company's value. The analyst is most focused on the '364 patent (Dec 2025), which covers both the IR/ER versions (i.e., all NUCYNTA) and is the more debated of the three patents. The analyst believes that absent big surprises any move on a decision is likely worth ~$1.50 to $2.00.
It's unclear if DEPO will have a response to Starboard but the analyst thinks there is risk in the company running a formal sale process. No change to the price target of $22.
Shares of DepoMed Inc closed at $24.22 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Cowen Downgrades Nike (NKE) to Neutral; Sees Lower Guidance
- Wedbush Raises Price Target on Regions Financial (RF) to $15; Reiterates Outperform
- Mizuho Securities Raises Price Target on Noble Midstream Partners LP (NBLX) to $37
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View
Related EntitiesRBC Capital
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!