Depomed (DEPO): Positive News Flow But There Is Risk If The Company Manages The Sale - RBC
- Wall Street dragged down by Apple, health stocks
- Some Deutsche Bank (DB) Clients Said to Reduce Collateral on Trades
- Qualcomm (QCOM) in Talks to Acquire NXP Semiconductors (NXPI) - DJ
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 9/29: (ITCI) (ADHD) (MRNS) Higher; (CATB) (AEGR) (DRNA) Lower
- After Near-Term Outperformance, Barclays Sees Apple (AAPL) Shares Flat from Here
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
RBC Capital analyst, Randall Stanicky, reiterated his Sector Perform rating on shares of DepoMed Inc (NASDAQ: DEPO) noting that news flow is about to pick up meaningfully following (i) last week's press report that DEPO may be preparing to put itself up for sale (ii) the 9/19 Starboard letter underscoring its position ahead of the recently set 11/15 shareholder vote and (iii) NUCYNTA legal decision expected by next Fri.
The NUCYNTA decision is expected from Judge Cecchi by Sept 30 (next Fri) and seems likely to add to the company's value. The analyst is most focused on the '364 patent (Dec 2025), which covers both the IR/ER versions (i.e., all NUCYNTA) and is the more debated of the three patents. The analyst believes that absent big surprises any move on a decision is likely worth ~$1.50 to $2.00.
It's unclear if DEPO will have a response to Starboard but the analyst thinks there is risk in the company running a formal sale process. No change to the price target of $22.
Shares of DepoMed Inc closed at $24.22 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Depomed (DEPO): Handicapping The District Court Ruling Impact - Janney
- Stifel Downgrades Coca-Cola (KO) to Hold
- Janney Sees Potential DepoMed (DEPO) Court Decision Delay
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View
Related EntitiesRBC Capital
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!