Credit Suisse Upgrades Marvell (MRVL) to Outperform
- Apple (AAPL) Tops Q4 EPS by 2c; Issues Solid Outlook
- Wall Street slips on earnings; Apple falls late after results
- Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG) Posts Q3 EPS of $0.27; Comps Miss Views; Additional Stock Buyback Approved
- Pandora (P) Misses Q3 EPS by 1c, Q4 Revenue Guidance Falls Short
- After-Hours Movers 10/25: (OGXI) (AKAM) (VRTX) Higher; (EW) (NUVA) (CMG) (AAPL) Lower (more...)
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Credit Suisse upgraded Marvell (NASDAQ: MRVL) from Neutral to Outperform with a price target of $17.50 (from $13.50).
Analsyt John Pitzer commented, "We are raising our rating on MRVL to Outperform from Neutral, and despite the 65% move in the stock off the bottom, we still see the shares as attractively valued especially relative to our fundamental view that the new management team is still early in an operational turnaround which should support OpM expansion from ~13% in F2Q to ~25% exiting FY18, driving earnings potential from $0.10 in F2Q to annualized ~$1.15 exiting FY18 (not currently in our model)."
The firm sees the following positive catalysts:
(1) New management at MRVL can reduce operating expense by ~15-20% and still have the resources to invest in new growth initiatives – we would expect management to articulate their new strategy either late C4Q or early C1Q.
(2) While early, we see upside to F3Q guidance on both topline and GM – especially given that management guided GM to decline ~160 bps q/q despite a positive mix shift to their higher GM margin business, Storage.
(3) We expect the Company to resume share buybacks – following 3 quarters of no buybacks, with ~$3.00 in net cash per share we expect MRVL to start returning cash to shareholders
Shares of Marvell closed at $12.83 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: UBS Upgrades Swift Transportation (SWFT) to Buy
- UBS Cuts Price Target on Kimberly-Clark (KMB) Following 3Q Report
- UBS Cuts Price Target on V.F. Corp. (VFC) to $59; Reiterates Buy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change, Hot Upgrades, Upgrades
Related EntitiesCredit Suisse, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!