Chicos FAS (CHS): Difficult Quarter Expected And Fully Valued - Stifel
- Wall Street falls with financials, other post-election gainers
- The FTC Confirms Antitrust Charges Against Qualcomm (QCOM) for Monopolizing Semiconductor Device Used in Cell Phones
- United Airlines (UAL) Tops Q4 EPS by 5c
- Obama shortens sentence of Manning, who gave secrets to WikiLeaks
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/17: (SHLO) Higher; (GIMO) (AFAM) (CSX) Lower (more...)
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Stifel analyst, Richard Jaffe, reiterated his Hold rating on shares of Chico's, Inc. (NYSE: CHS) ahead of what he expects to be a difficult quarter. He has modeled a decline in earnings y/y driven by lower sales, gross margin erosion and deleveraging of SG&A costs. While the company took steps heading into 2Q to improve the merchandise assortment, he believes comps remained soft. Additionally, heightened inventory levels at the end of 1Q likely contributed to margin pressure. On a positive note, the company plans to better manage its inventory levels in 2H. Also, the cost reduction initiatives should benefit 2H results by approximately $15 million.
Shares are trading at 14x 2017 EPS, in-line with its average out-year P/E multiple. The analyst believes they are fully valued at current levels until there is more visibility regarding merchandise and sales improvements.
Shares of Chico's, Inc. closed at $11.74 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: JPMorgan Downgrades OneMain (OMF) to Neutral
- Needham & Company Raises Price Target on Cornerstone OnDemand (CSOD) Following Industry Checks
- Bernstein Starts FMC Technologies (FTI) at Underperform
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View
Related EntitiesStifel, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!