Chicos FAS (CHS): Difficult Quarter Expected And Fully Valued - Stifel
- Wall Street again marks new highs in post-election run
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Restoration Hardware (RH) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Guides Well Below the Street
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/08: (FNSR) (AVGO) (GLPG) Higher; (XTLY) (RH) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Stifel analyst, Richard Jaffe, reiterated his Hold rating on shares of Chico's, Inc. (NYSE: CHS) ahead of what he expects to be a difficult quarter. He has modeled a decline in earnings y/y driven by lower sales, gross margin erosion and deleveraging of SG&A costs. While the company took steps heading into 2Q to improve the merchandise assortment, he believes comps remained soft. Additionally, heightened inventory levels at the end of 1Q likely contributed to margin pressure. On a positive note, the company plans to better manage its inventory levels in 2H. Also, the cost reduction initiatives should benefit 2H results by approximately $15 million.
Shares are trading at 14x 2017 EPS, in-line with its average out-year P/E multiple. The analyst believes they are fully valued at current levels until there is more visibility regarding merchandise and sales improvements.
Shares of Chico's, Inc. closed at $11.74 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Stifel Downgrades AZZ Inc. (AZZ) to Sell
- Stifel Reiterates Buy on Selecta Biosciences (SELB) Following Phase l Data Release
- Wedbush Remains Sidelined on H&R Block (HRB) Following 2Q Report
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View
Related EntitiesStifel, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!