Catyalyst Pharma (CPRX): FDA Agreement Derisks Firdapse - HC Wainwright
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
H.C. Wainwright analyst, Andrew Fein, reiterated his Buy rating on shares of Catalyst Pharmaceutical Partners (NASDAQ: CPRX) noting that the company recently reached an agreement with FDA on the protocol design, endpoints, and statistical analysis of the second Phase 3 study of Firdapse in LEMS.
Following the agency’s Refuse-to-File letter in response to the initial NDA earlier this year, the analyst believes that this SPA is a material step forward by derisking the Firdapse bull thesis from a regulatory point of view.
The analyst believes the regulatory component of the story had remained a source of anxiety for investors and believes the experimental and commercial components are relatively derisked leaving two key points to consider:
1) Firdapse works, based on commercial experience with the chemical relative 3,4-DAP, as well as based on the first Phase 3 study conducted by Catalyst
2) we believe that Catalyst should be able to easily penetrate a small orphan market that until now has struggled with the supply of compounded 3,4-DAP, and the company’s ongoing expanded access program should help with a successful rollover into commercial sales.
No change to the price target of $6.
Shares of Catalyst Pharmaceutical Partners closed at $1.14 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Zumiez, Inc. (ZUMZ) to $23 Following 3Q
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on US Physical Therapy (USPH) to $63 Following 12-Clinic Acquisition
- UPDATE: Oppenheimer Starts HubSpot Inc (HUBS) at Outperform
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Related EntitiesH.C. Wainwright
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!