Canaccord Genuity Cuts Price Target Following Acuity Brands' (AYI) 4Q Miss
- Wall St. falls as earnings from some big names disappoint
- General Motors (GM) Tops Q3 EPS by 28c
- Procter & Gamble (PG) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c
- DuPont (DD) Tops Q3 EPS by 14c; Boosts FY16 EPS Outlook; Says Continuing to Work with Regulators
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 10/25: (SAEX) (CWEI) (SWFT) Higher; (DPRX) (CRBP) (UA) Lower (more...)
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Canaccord Genuity maintained a Buy rating on Acuity Brands (NYSE: AYI), and cut the price target to $286.00 (from $305.00), following the company's 4Q earnings report. Revenues were $925.5M compared to the consensus estimate of $946.5M. EPS of $2.21 came in below the consensus of $2.40. Canaccord believes that this unusual miss appears to be a rare operational stumble and would use the recent weakness to begin and add to positions.
Analyst John Quealy commented, "Acuity continues to set the pace for aggressive growth and platform expansion across the broader lighting and energy efficiency marketplace. Longer term, the company’s tiered solutions sales (enabling building automation systems and IoT capabilities) are expected to grow at a rate similar to that of the company's LED & controls sales, which could result in notable upside and possible valuation multiple re-rating."
Shares of Acuity Brands closed at $242.99 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UBS Raises Price Target on Zions Bancorp (ZION) to $29 Following 3Q EPS Beat
- Visa (V) PT Trimmed to $93 at Stifel With Initial 2017 Guidance a Touch Light
- UBS Raises Price Target on Greenhill & Co. (GHL) to $17; Reiterates Sell
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesEarnings, Canaccord Genuity
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!