Brean Capital Raises Price Target as Intel (INTC) Updates Revenue Guidance
- Top 10 News for 9/19 - 9/23: Twitter on the Auction Block; Allergan Bolsters NASH Effort; Microsoft Returns Value
- Wall Street falls as energy lags; shares post gains on week
- Rumored Forever, Twitter (TWTR) May Have Finally Put the 'For Sale' Sign Up
- Facebook (FB) Shares Under Pressure on Reports Video Ad Metrics Were Artificially Inflated
- Brookfield Infrastructure (BIP)-Led Consortium to Take Controlling Stake in Petrobras' (PBR) NTS for $5.2B
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Brean Capital reiterated a Buy rating on Intel (NASDAQ: INTC), and raised the price target to $40.00 (from $38.00), as the company increased September quarter revenue expectations. The company now expects revenue to be $15.6B plus or minus $300M versus its previous range of $14.9 billion, plus or minus $500 million.
Analyst Mike Burton commented, "Last Friday before the market open, Intel Corporation raised its Sep-16Q revenue expectations primarily due to replenishment of PC supply chain inventory and improving PC demand. We are not surprised by Intel’s new guidance given the anecdotal positive data we have observed and heard from many of the mobo makers and notebook ODMs in Taiwan as their monthly sales growth in August came in better than historical averages. We are encouraged by this update from Intel and still believe INTC is well positioned for the 2H of 2016 from both a revenue point of view and from an OPEX point of view as we believe the company has OPEX levers to be realized as its restructuring actions start to play out. Netting out the company’s new guidance, we are increasing our CY16E and CY17E EPS upwards and maintaining our Buy rating. In addition, we are bumping our $38 target price to $40."
Shares of Intel closed at $37.16 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Brean Capital Reiterates Buy on Analogic (ALOG) Following 4Q - PT to $100
- Roth Trims PT on Enphase Energy (ENPH) to $1.50 Amid Restructuring, Equity Offering
- UPDATE: Cowen Cuts Boston Beer Company (SAM) to 'Underperform' on Structural Headwinds
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesBrean Capital
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!