BTIG Remains Positive on Prologis (PLD) Following Investor Day; Says Trump-Related Selling Overdone
- Netflix, Inc. (NFLX) Tops Q4 EPS by 1c; Subs Beat Views
- S&P 500 ends up slightly with boost from financials; Netflix up late
- Nestle Said Examining Takeover of Mead Johnson (MJN) - Source
- La Quinta Holdings (LQ) Gains on Plan to Split in Two
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/18: (OCLR) (CSX) (NFLX) Higher; (AMDA) (RCII) (ZYNE) Lower (more...)
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
BTIG affirms its Buy rating and $57 price target on Prologis, Inc. (NYSE: PLD) following the company's investor day earlier this week.
Analyst Tom Catherwood noted the following key points on Friday:
- Industrial Sector's Historic Run Can Continue... Our Industrial REIT coverage has averaged 4.8% SSNOI growth over the past five years. Given robust growth of e-commerce demand, U.S. consumption, and renewed demand from home builders, Prologis projects 4%-5% annual SSNOI growth from 2017-2019.
- While New Supply Remains In Check. Development complexity (i.e., lack of quality infill locations, longer entitlement processes, more environmental regulations) and more restrictive financing have kept smaller merchant builders out of the market. LTV on spec development is now 60%-65% (vs. 85%-90% during the last cycle) as Basel III increased capital retention ratios for construction loans; Basel IV's proposed ratios are even more restrictive (10% vs. 8% currently).
- Stock Has Oversold Potential Risk from Trump's Presidency. Prologis generates 28.8% of its NOI outside the U.S., including 4.0% in Mexico (33% manufacturing). Given this limited exposure, we believe Prologis' shares (down 7.9% since the election) have been oversold.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- BTIG Raises Price Target on CardConnect Corp. (CCN) to $17; Reiterates Buy
- NetEase (NTES) PT Raised To $305 At Goldman Sachs, Maintains Buy
- Deutsche Bank Raises Price Target on IHS Markit (INFO) to $44; Reiterates Buy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!