Apple (AAPL) iPhone Estimates Raised at Credit Suisse
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Credit Suisse analyst Kulbinder Garcha is raising Apple (NASDAQ: AAPL) iPhone and EPS estimates Thursday following positive data from their team in Japan today around iPhone builds, recent announcements from TMobile and Sprint, and their proprietary iPhone survey. They believe a number of recent data points suggest a better than expected iPhone 7 cycle, in both volume and mix. In addition, Garcha said conversations with display suppliers support their iPhone 8 super cycle thesis.
The firm raise raised CY16/17 EPS by 3%/3% to $8.22/$10.09, from $7.95/$9.84. "Given high retention rates, a superior ecosystem and a multi-product compute advantage, we believe FCF of ~$67bn should be sustainable LT," the analyst said.
Further, the firm now projects CY16/17 iPhone volumes of 215mn (-7% yoy)/ 221mn (+3% yoy), up from 208mn (-10% yoy)/ 217mn (+5% yoy). They now estimate F4Q16/F1Q17 units at 48mn (+19% q/q, +0% y/y) /75mn (+56% q/q, 0% y/y), noting a 14 week December quarter. Also, they maintain CY18 estimates at 249mn units (+13% yoy), as conversations with display suppliers support the firm's iPhone 8 super cycle thesis.
The firm maintained an Outperform rating and price target of $150 on AAPL.
Shares of Apple closed at $111.77 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Allergen (AGN) PT, Estimates Trimmed at Credit Suisse
- UBS Cuts Price Target on Restoration Hardware (RH) to $34 Following 3Q
- Finisar (FNSR) PT Raised to $44 at Needham & Company, Estimates Raised Sharply
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change
Related EntitiesCredit Suisse, Kulbinder Garcha
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!