Apple (AAPL) iPhone Estimates Raised at Credit Suisse
- Netflix, Inc. (NFLX) Tops Q4 EPS by 1c; Subs Beat Views
- S&P 500 ends up slightly with boost from financials; Netflix up late
- Nestle Said Examining Takeover of Mead Johnson (MJN) - Source
- La Quinta Holdings (LQ) Gains on Plan to Split in Two
- Fed's Yellen says 'makes sense' to gradually raise interest rates
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Credit Suisse analyst Kulbinder Garcha is raising Apple (NASDAQ: AAPL) iPhone and EPS estimates Thursday following positive data from their team in Japan today around iPhone builds, recent announcements from TMobile and Sprint, and their proprietary iPhone survey. They believe a number of recent data points suggest a better than expected iPhone 7 cycle, in both volume and mix. In addition, Garcha said conversations with display suppliers support their iPhone 8 super cycle thesis.
The firm raise raised CY16/17 EPS by 3%/3% to $8.22/$10.09, from $7.95/$9.84. "Given high retention rates, a superior ecosystem and a multi-product compute advantage, we believe FCF of ~$67bn should be sustainable LT," the analyst said.
Further, the firm now projects CY16/17 iPhone volumes of 215mn (-7% yoy)/ 221mn (+3% yoy), up from 208mn (-10% yoy)/ 217mn (+5% yoy). They now estimate F4Q16/F1Q17 units at 48mn (+19% q/q, +0% y/y) /75mn (+56% q/q, 0% y/y), noting a 14 week December quarter. Also, they maintain CY18 estimates at 249mn units (+13% yoy), as conversations with display suppliers support the firm's iPhone 8 super cycle thesis.
The firm maintained an Outperform rating and price target of $150 on AAPL.
Shares of Apple closed at $111.77 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Target (TGT) PT, Estimates Cut at Buckingham Research Following Miss
- Most active options: AAPL BAC MSFT AMD FB C GS NVDA JCP JPM NFLX AMZN
- Wedbush Remains Bullish on Nexstar Broadcasting (NXST) - PT to $75
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change
Related EntitiesCredit Suisse, Kulbinder Garcha
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!