Apple (AAPL) iPhone Estimates Raised at Credit Suisse
- Wall Street dips as telecoms slump; AmEx surges
- Microsoft (MSFT) Tops Q1 EPS by 8c
- AMD (AMD) Posts Q3 Operating EPS of 3c; Sees Q4 Revenue Down Sequentially
- AT&T (T) Said to Discuss Idea of Takeover in Time Warner (TWX) Meetings
- Alkermes plc (ALKS) Announces Third ALKS 5461 Phase 3 Met Primary Endpoint in MDD
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Credit Suisse analyst Kulbinder Garcha is raising Apple (NASDAQ: AAPL) iPhone and EPS estimates Thursday following positive data from their team in Japan today around iPhone builds, recent announcements from TMobile and Sprint, and their proprietary iPhone survey. They believe a number of recent data points suggest a better than expected iPhone 7 cycle, in both volume and mix. In addition, Garcha said conversations with display suppliers support their iPhone 8 super cycle thesis.
The firm raise raised CY16/17 EPS by 3%/3% to $8.22/$10.09, from $7.95/$9.84. "Given high retention rates, a superior ecosystem and a multi-product compute advantage, we believe FCF of ~$67bn should be sustainable LT," the analyst said.
Further, the firm now projects CY16/17 iPhone volumes of 215mn (-7% yoy)/ 221mn (+3% yoy), up from 208mn (-10% yoy)/ 217mn (+5% yoy). They now estimate F4Q16/F1Q17 units at 48mn (+19% q/q, +0% y/y) /75mn (+56% q/q, 0% y/y), noting a 14 week December quarter. Also, they maintain CY18 estimates at 249mn units (+13% yoy), as conversations with display suppliers support the firm's iPhone 8 super cycle thesis.
The firm maintained an Outperform rating and price target of $150 on AAPL.
Shares of Apple closed at $111.77 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Needham & Company Cuts Price Target on Syntel, Inc. (SYNT) Following Weak 3Q
- Guggenheim Cuts Price Target on Tractor Supply (TSCO) Following 3Q Report
- Wedbush Cuts Price Target on Genuine Parts (GPC) to $95 Following 3Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change
Related EntitiesCredit Suisse, Kulbinder Garcha
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!