Apple (AAPL) PT Raised to $127 at UBS as iPhone 7 Searches Better than 6s
- Wall Street falls as investors ready for Trump's inauguration
- IBM (IBM) Tops Q4 EPS by 13c, FY17 EPS Guidance Beats Consensus
- American Express (AXP) Misses Q4 EPS by 7c, FY17 EPS Guidance Tops Views at Mid-Poinit
- Skyworks Solutions (SWKS) Tops Q1 EPS by 3c, Offers Q2 Guidance, Announces Buyback
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/19: (SWKS) (QRVO) (NVAX) Higher; (AFMD) (SGYP) (IBM) Lower (more...)
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
UBS analyst Steven Milunovich reiterated a Buy rating and boosted estimates and his price target on Apple (NASDAQ: AAPL) to $127.00 (from $115.00) after the firm's Evidence Lab analysis of search volumes around announcement suggest iPhone 7 interest less than for the iPhone 6 but better than the 6s. In addition, most carriers saw pre-order growth. Apple said it is sold out of the Plus, and primary competitor Samsung's Note 7 suffered a recall.
While positive, Milunovich said he wouldn't get carried away. "Verizon said it isn't seeing unusual demand, and we don't know what is happening in China, where there have not been aggressive promotions," he commented. It will come down to how many of the F15 bubble of iPhone buyers will upgrade, Milunovich added.
The firm is increasing their upgrade estimate from 41% to 44% and their F17 EPS estimate to $9.30 from $9.00.
While bullish on iPhone numbers and estimates, the firm is more cautious near-term on the stock, noting it is following a predictable near-term path. "Apple's stock has been following the pattern of previous iPhone announcements. It tends to trade off before the announcement then move up between announcement and availability, which was last Friday. In fact, the stock outperformed by 8 points the past two weeks. Now history suggests it could fade the next two weeks then move up into earnings. In the absence of first weekend sales data from Apple, carrier comments and speculation have filled the information vacuum."
Shares of Apple closed at $113.58 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Apple (AAPL) PT Raised to $140 at BofA/Merrill Lynch; iPhone 8 Will be 'Super-Long' Cycle
- Checkpoint Software (CHKP) PT Raised to $115 at Oppenheimer
- Roth Capital Downgrades Ideal Power (IPWR) to Neutral
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesUBS, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!