American Eagle Outfitters (AEO): Competitor Closure Should Bump Consensus SSS and EPS Higher - FBR
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) for $6.4B
- TD Ameritrade (AMTD) to Acquire Scottrade in $4B Cash & Stock Deal
- Oil prices under pressure as Iraq resists joining output cut
- China Oceanwide to Acquire Genworth Financial (GNW) for $2.7B
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
FBR Capital analyst, Susan Anderson, reiterated her Outperform rating on shares of American Eagle Outfitters (NYSE: AEO) after hearing some investor skepticism concerning AEO's ability to continue to drive the comp in 2H16/2017.
The analyst expects good product execution (innovative, technical, differentiated, trend-right fashion) to continue to drive SSS as well as AEO to benefit from competitor closures and sales retention in its own closed stores.
The analyst performed a sales retention analysis and a competitor closure analysis, which showed that AEO's SSS could benefit +0.9% in 2016 and +2.2% in 2017 from its own and competitor store closures. If correct, this could add $0.01/$0.03 to EPS in 2016/2017.
As a result, she is increasing comp estimates ahead of consensus to +3.0%/+4.0% in 3Q16/4Q16 (versus the Street at +2.9%/+3.3%. Our EPS estimates go to $1.33/$1.45 in 2016/2017, versus our previous estimates of $1.32/$1.43, respectively.
Shares of American Eagle Outfitters closed at $18.40 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Imperial Capital Raises Price Target on Proofpoint (PFPT) Following Strong 3Q Results
- KLA-Tencor (KLAC) PT Raised to $85 at Cowen
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Reliance Steel (RS) Following 3Q EPS Miss and Guidance
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!