Amazon.com (AMZN): Data Points Indicate a Meet Or Beat 3Q - Nomura
- Wall Street set to open flat as investors test rally
- Western Digital (WDC) Raises Q2 Outlook
- Biotech, Pharma Stocks Weaker Amid Trump Comments on Lower Drug Prices
- Oil slips on doubts output cut will end global glut
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 12/07: (EMKR) (PLAY) (WDC) Higher; (SIGM) (AVAV) (BLUE) Lower (more...)
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Nomura Securities analyst, Anthony DiClemente, reiterated his Buy rating on shares of Amazon.com (NASDAQ: AMZN) after datapoints appear strong across core businesses for both 3Q and 4Q.
Amazon is reporting 3Q16 earnings on Thursday, 10/27, and the analyst believes two key trends are likely to drive 3Q results and 4Q guidance. In North America e-commerce, same-store sales have begun to inflect positively in the quarter after several months of declines, according to data from ChannelAdvisor. For AWS, a proprietary CIO survey suggests accelerating trends for the cloud business.
The indications of strength in two key businesses combined with what the analyst thinks is conservative guidance from 2Q makes the operating income estimates very achievable. No change to the price target of $950.
Shares of Amazon.com closed at $818.99 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Amazon (AMZN) Could Open Over 2,000 Brick-and Mortar Groceries if Tests Succeed - DJ; Kroger (KR) on Watch
- Adobe Systems (ADBE) Is Our Top Enterprise Software Pick - Cowen
- Guggenheim Reiterates Buy on At Home Group (HOME) Following 3Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Related EntitiesNomura, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!