Amazon.com (AMZN): Data Points Indicate a Meet Or Beat 3Q - Nomura
- Wall St. edges higher as earnings kick into high gear
- Alibaba (BABA) Tops Q3 EPS by 17c, Revenues Rise 54%
- DuPont (DD) Tops Q4 EPS by 9c; Sees Merger Closing in First Half
- Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) Tops Q4 EPS by 2c; Guides Modestly Below the Street
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 01/24: (MPSX) (IIVI) (AKS) Higher; (FSM) (OCUL) (VZ) Lower (more...)
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Nomura Securities analyst, Anthony DiClemente, reiterated his Buy rating on shares of Amazon.com (NASDAQ: AMZN) after datapoints appear strong across core businesses for both 3Q and 4Q.
Amazon is reporting 3Q16 earnings on Thursday, 10/27, and the analyst believes two key trends are likely to drive 3Q results and 4Q guidance. In North America e-commerce, same-store sales have begun to inflect positively in the quarter after several months of declines, according to data from ChannelAdvisor. For AWS, a proprietary CIO survey suggests accelerating trends for the cloud business.
The indications of strength in two key businesses combined with what the analyst thinks is conservative guidance from 2Q makes the operating income estimates very achievable. No change to the price target of $950.
Shares of Amazon.com closed at $818.99 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- AK Steel (AKS) Pares Earlier Gains, Shares Whipsaw
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX): Some Risk To Earnings - Buckingham Research
- Street Watchdog Research Rates Ascena Retail Group (ASNA) Buy, $12.60 PT
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Related EntitiesNomura, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!