Alibaba (BABA): All Metrics Above Consensus; Raising PT - Needham
- Wall St. opens higher as M&A activity boosts confidence
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) for $6.4B
- TD Ameritrade (AMTD) to Acquire Scottrade in $4B Cash & Stock Deal
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 10/24: (BEAV) (JPEP) (HLT) Higher; (BAS) (INO) (ADRO) Lower (more...)
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Needham & Company analyst, Kerry Rice, reiterated his Buy rating on shares of Alibaba (NYSE: BABA) after reporting strong June quarter results with all metrics above consensus estimates. The analyst is encouraged that the company has transitioned to a mobile-first platform, with nearly all active users on mobile, 75% of GMV was generated from mobile and the mobile take rate surpassed the desktop take rate for the first time.
Looking ahead, the analyst expects core to continue driving the majority of revenue as Alibaba leverages its data asset to enable merchants to serve more personalized marketing and branding campaigns and the integration of social features to lift consumer engagement. While profitability should remain high compared to its peers, continued investment in its Cloud Computing business and innovative businesses should weigh on EBITDA.
The price target of $105.00 is up from $95, based on 25x CY16E EV/adjusted EBITDA.
Shares of Alibaba closed at $91.77 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- BMO Capital Raises Price Target on ManpowerGroup (MAN) Following 3Q Surprise
- UPDATE: Seaport Global Securities Starts Union Pacific (UNP) at Buy
- KLR Group Raises Price Target on SM Energy (SM) to $59; Reiterates Buy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesNeedham & Company
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!