Alibaba (BABA): All Metrics Above Consensus; Raising PT - Needham
- Noble Energy (NBL) to Acquire Clayton Williams Energy (CWEI) for $2.7B in Cash and Stock
- Nasdaq hits record; bank earnings validate Wall St. rally
- Intrawest Resorts (SNOW) Exploring a Possible Sale - Reuters
- Alibaba (BABA) Has No Plans to Acquire Rest of Groupon (GRPN) - Source
- Time (TIME) Said to Soon Begin Discussions with Interested Buyers - Bloomberg
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Needham & Company analyst, Kerry Rice, reiterated his Buy rating on shares of Alibaba (NYSE: BABA) after reporting strong June quarter results with all metrics above consensus estimates. The analyst is encouraged that the company has transitioned to a mobile-first platform, with nearly all active users on mobile, 75% of GMV was generated from mobile and the mobile take rate surpassed the desktop take rate for the first time.
Looking ahead, the analyst expects core to continue driving the majority of revenue as Alibaba leverages its data asset to enable merchants to serve more personalized marketing and branding campaigns and the integration of social features to lift consumer engagement. While profitability should remain high compared to its peers, continued investment in its Cloud Computing business and innovative businesses should weigh on EBITDA.
The price target of $105.00 is up from $95, based on 25x CY16E EV/adjusted EBITDA.
Shares of Alibaba closed at $91.77 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Needham & Company Upgrades Magnachip Semiconductor (MX) to Buy
- Activision Blizzard (ATVI): Cutting PT on Call of Duty Weakness - Mizuho
- UBS Reiterates Buy on Monster Beverage (MNST) After Meeting with Investors
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesNeedham & Company
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!