Albemarle (ALB) GRM Deal an Incremental Positive - Nomura
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Nomura Securities analyst Aleksey Yefremov reiterated a Buy rating and $92 on Albemarle (NYSE: ALB) saying the GRM deal is an incremental positive.
Yefremov commented, "On August 23, ALB announced plans to acquire lithium salt conversion assets from Jiangxi Jiangli New Materials Science (also known as GRM). Acquired assets include manufacturing facilities in Jiangxi and Sichuan, China, with a combined total 15KT of capacity to convert spodumene into lithium carbonate and lithium hydroxide. Financial terms of the transaction were not disclosed, but ALB stated economics were better than the alternative of spending $300-350mn to build a 25KT greenfield plant. Payback period for the investment is expected to be two to three years. The deal is expected to close in 1Q17."
Shares of Albemarle closed at $83.85 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Rite Aid (RAD)/Walgreens (WBA) Antitrust Concerns Doesn't Mean Deal is Dead, Says Deutsche Bank
- M&T Bank (MTB) PT Raised to $165 at FBR Capital Following 4Q Beat
- Eli Lilly (LLY) to Acquire CoLucid Pharmaceuticals (CLCD) for $960M
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Related EntitiesNomura, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!