Aerie Pharma (AERI) PT Lifted to $50 at Stifel on Strong Roclatan Results
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Stifel analyst Annabel Samimy reiterated a Buy rating and boosted his price target on Aerie Pharma (NASDAQ: AERI) to $50.00 (from $40.00) after the company reported unequivocally positive results from its Phase 3 Roclatan MERCURY-1 study. This 90-day primary efficacy readout demonstrated statistically significant IOP-lowering of Roclatan over its Rhopressa and latanoprost components at clinically-meaningful levels of 1-3mmHg at all nine time points with no significant safety deviations from prior studies. Specifically, Roclatan was superior to latanoprost by 1.3-2.5mmHg (p<0.0001) and to Rhopressa by 1.8-3.0mmHg (p<0.0001).
Samimy commented, "mportantly, in a responder analysis, 46% of Roclatan patients achieved >35% reductions in IOP (p<0.0001) and 61% achieving <16mmHg at Day 90—key targets for ophthalmologists. We believe this clean readout of data goes far to de-risk the Roclatan/MERCURY program and we have confidence for consistent readouts at 12-months and for MERCURY-2. AERI looks to a year-end 2017 NDA filing for Roclatan."
Shares of Aerie Pharma closed at $21.13 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Pivotal Research Upgrades Flowers Foods (FLO) to Hold
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Finisar (FNSR) to $37 Following 2Q Beat and Raise
- MKM Partners Raises Price Target on Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) to $207 Following 4Q Beat
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!