Aerie Pharma (AERI) PT Lifted to $50 at Stifel on Strong Roclatan Results
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Stifel analyst Annabel Samimy reiterated a Buy rating and boosted his price target on Aerie Pharma (NASDAQ: AERI) to $50.00 (from $40.00) after the company reported unequivocally positive results from its Phase 3 Roclatan MERCURY-1 study. This 90-day primary efficacy readout demonstrated statistically significant IOP-lowering of Roclatan over its Rhopressa and latanoprost components at clinically-meaningful levels of 1-3mmHg at all nine time points with no significant safety deviations from prior studies. Specifically, Roclatan was superior to latanoprost by 1.3-2.5mmHg (p<0.0001) and to Rhopressa by 1.8-3.0mmHg (p<0.0001).
Samimy commented, "mportantly, in a responder analysis, 46% of Roclatan patients achieved >35% reductions in IOP (p<0.0001) and 61% achieving <16mmHg at Day 90—key targets for ophthalmologists. We believe this clean readout of data goes far to de-risk the Roclatan/MERCURY program and we have confidence for consistent readouts at 12-months and for MERCURY-2. AERI looks to a year-end 2017 NDA filing for Roclatan."
Shares of Aerie Pharma closed at $21.13 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Stifel Upgrades Abraxas Petroleum (AXAS) to Buy Amid Emerging Delaware Basin Potential
- Drexel Hamilton Reiterates Buy on IBM (IBM) Following 4Q Report
- UPDATE: SunTrust Robinson Humphrey Downgrades Health Care REIT (HCN) to Hold
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!