Aerie Pharma (AERI) PT Lifted to $50 at Stifel on Strong Roclatan Results
- Wall Street falls sharply on worries about banks
- Some Deutsche Bank (DB) Clients Said to Reduce Collateral on Trades
- Qualcomm (QCOM) in Talks to Acquire NXP Semiconductors (NXPI) - DJ
- Costco Wholesale (COST) Tops Q4 EPS by 4c; Comps Rose 3%
- After-Hours Stock Movers 09/29: (MENT) (CEMP) (COST) Higher; (CAMP) (ABUS) Lower (more...)
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Stifel analyst Annabel Samimy reiterated a Buy rating and boosted his price target on Aerie Pharma (NASDAQ: AERI) to $50.00 (from $40.00) after the company reported unequivocally positive results from its Phase 3 Roclatan MERCURY-1 study. This 90-day primary efficacy readout demonstrated statistically significant IOP-lowering of Roclatan over its Rhopressa and latanoprost components at clinically-meaningful levels of 1-3mmHg at all nine time points with no significant safety deviations from prior studies. Specifically, Roclatan was superior to latanoprost by 1.3-2.5mmHg (p<0.0001) and to Rhopressa by 1.8-3.0mmHg (p<0.0001).
Samimy commented, "mportantly, in a responder analysis, 46% of Roclatan patients achieved >35% reductions in IOP (p<0.0001) and 61% achieving <16mmHg at Day 90—key targets for ophthalmologists. We believe this clean readout of data goes far to de-risk the Roclatan/MERCURY program and we have confidence for consistent readouts at 12-months and for MERCURY-2. AERI looks to a year-end 2017 NDA filing for Roclatan."
Shares of Aerie Pharma closed at $21.13 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Stifel Downgrades Coca-Cola (KO) to Hold
- Jefferies Raises price Target on Pier 1 Imports (PIR) Following 2Q Report
- Ferrellgas Partners (FGP): Cutting Ests And Reiterating Sell - UBS
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!