Twitter (TWTR) Attracts an Activist Investor
- Dow, S&P 500 surge to highs; transports set record
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/7: (ANTH) (EMKR) (PLAY) Higher; (SIGM) (OHAI) (FTK) Lower
- Abbott (ABT) Files Complaint to Terminate Alere (ALR) Acquisition
- Western Digital (WDC) Raises Q2 Outlook
- Biotech, Pharma Stocks Weaker Amid Trump Comments on Lower Drug Prices
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
While the company already unsuccessfully tried to sell itself, an activist could potentially put pressure on CEO Jack Dorsey to give up his dual-CEO roles and could bring in fresh directors/management to get the company back on track.
Shares of TWTR last traded up 1.5% in pre-open trade to $18.83.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Twitter (TWTR) Shares Continue Higher
- Peltz's Trian Adds Nearly 4M Shares of Wendy's (WEN)
- Twitter (TWTR) 'Takeover Money' Moves On as 'Trump Money' Moves In
Create E-mail Alert Related Categories13Fs, Hedge Funds, Rumors, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesJANA Partners LLC, Barry Rosenstein, Twitter, Pre Market Movers
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!