P2 Capital Partners Shows 5.3% Stake in Blackhawk Network (HAWK); Has Held Talks with Management
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
In a 13D filing on Blackhawk Network Holdings (NASDAQ: HAWK), Claus Moller's hedge fund P2 Capital Partners, LLC disclosed a 5.3%, or 3,000,000 share, stake in the company. The firm did not hold shares at the end of the latest quarter ending September 30, 2016.
More info from the filing:
Item 4. Purpose of Transaction
The Reporting Persons acquired their beneficial ownership of the Shares in order to obtain a significant equity position in the Issuer. Consistent with their investment purpose, the Reporting Persons have had or may in the future have discussions with management, members of the board of directors and other shareholders and may make suggestions and give advice to the Issuer regarding measures and changes that would maximize shareholder value. Such discussions and advice may concern the Issuer’s operations, capital structure, strategic and extraordinary transactions, management and governance and other matters that the Reporting Persons deem relevant to their investment in the Issuer.
The Reporting Persons may at any time acquire additional Shares (or other securities) of the Issuer or dispose of any or all of their Shares or other securities in the open market or otherwise or engage in any hedging or similar transactions with respect to such Shares (or other securities), depending upon their ongoing evaluation of their investment in such Shares (or other securities), prevailing market conditions, other investment opportunities and/or other investment considerations.
Except as otherwise set forth above in this Item 4, none of the Reporting Persons have any present plans or proposals that relate to or would result in any of the actions specified in clauses (a) through (j) of the instructions to Item 4 of Schedule 13D.
For more notable holders of Blackhawk Network Holdings stock click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Pandora (P) Advisers Said to Begin Reaching Out to Possible Suitors Following Approach from Sirius (SIRI) - Bloomberg
- SoTHERLY Hotels (SOHO) Approves $10M Stock Buyback Plan
- SAC Capital will pay $135 million to end insider-trading suit - Bloomberg
Create E-mail Alert Related Categories13Ds, Hedge Funds
Related Entities13D, P2 Capital, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!