Under Armour (UA) Tops Q4 EPS by 5c, Reiterates Guidance
Under Armour (NYSE: UA) (NYSE: UAA) reported Q4 EPS of $0.09, $0.05 better than the analyst estimate of $0.04. Revenue for the quarter came in at $1.4 billion versus the consensus estimate of $1.37 billion.
There are no changes to the company's 2019 outlook, which was provided at its December 12, 2018 investor day:
- Revenue is expected to increase approximately 3 to 4 percent reflecting relatively flat results for North America and a low double-digit percentage rate increase in the international business.
- Gross margin is expected to improve approximately 60 to 80 basis points compared to 2018 adjusted gross margin due to channel mix benefits from lower planned sales to the off-price channel and a higher percentage of direct-to-consumer sales along with more favorable product costs due to ongoing supply chain initiatives.
- Operating income is expected to reach $210 million to $230 million.
- Interest and other expense net is planned at approximately $40 million.
- Effective tax rate is expected to be in the 19 percent to 22 percent range.
- Earnings per share is expected to be in the range of $0.31 to $0.33; and,
- Capital expenditures are planned at approximately $210 million.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Under Armour (UA) click here.