Amarin Corp. (AMRN) Appoints Erin Enright and Alfonso Zulueta to its Board, Announces Leadership Changes
Amarin Corporation plc (NASDAQ: AMRN) today announced a series of appointments and leadership changes to its Board of Directors, including:
- Appointment of Erin Enright and Alfonso “Chito” Zulueta to the Board, effective immediately. Ms. Enright and Mr. Zulueta will stand for re-election to the Board at the Company’s 2022 Annual Meeting in June.
- Per Wold-Olsen, a director since January 2022, has been named Chairman of the Board, effective immediately. Mr. Wold-Olsen will stand for re-election to the Board at the Company’s 2022 Annual Meeting in June.
- As part of a planned retirement, David Stack, a director since 2012, and Joe Zakrzewski, a director since 2010, will retire from the Board, effective at the close of the 2022 Annual Meeting.
- Mr. Wold-Olsen has been named Chair of the Remuneration Committee; Ms. Enright has been named Chair of the Audit Committee.
- Dr. Lars Ekman will remain a member of the Board.
“Today’s announcement advances the Company’s ongoing efforts initiated in October 2021 to expand the expertise and diversity of our Board and Company. These Board changes signal our commitment to Amarin’s strategic plan to drive sustainable and profitable growth, and ensure we have the additional skillsets and experience to support Amarin’s current strategy, including significant experience in finance, technology, portfolio diversification, operational excellence and international commercial operations and strategy,” said Mr. Wold-Olsen. “Both Erin and Alfonso are highly respected leaders with proven track records in their respective fields and bring strong and relevant expertise to contribute to the ongoing execution of our three-pillar growth strategy. Erin’s deep investment banking and capital markets experience, specifically within the healthcare space, and Alfonso’s unique knowledge of international markets and global marketing will enable them to immediately add value to our Board.”
Mr. Wold-Olsen continued, “On behalf of the entire Board, I want to thank Lars for his steadfast leadership as Chairman for the last eight years, during which time Amarin delivered one of the most important cardiovascular outcomes trials in recent times. I am pleased that we will continue to benefit from his invaluable insights as an ongoing member of our Board. We also extend our deepest gratitude to David and Joe for their distinguished service and innumerable contributions to Amarin over the years.”
Ms. Enright brings more than 30 years of experience as a healthcare company executive and investor. She currently serves as Managing Partner at Prettybrook Partners, overseeing approximately 20 active investments in a variety of healthcare companies. Prior to her role at Prettybrook, Ms. Enright served as Chief Financial Officer of InfuSystem and as President of Lee Medical.
Mr. Zulueta has more than three decades of experience in global strategic and leadership roles within large pharma, specifically with Eli Lilly and Company. At Eli Lilly, he held key senior positions including Vice President of Global Marketing, head of the Company’s Asia Region, and most recently as President of International responsible for all geographies outside the United States and Canada.
Following the 2022 Annual Meeting - with the addition of Ms. Enright and Mr. Zulueta, and the planned retirements of Mr. Stack and Mr. Zakrzewski - the Amarin Board will comprise eight directors, seven of whom are independent.