SmileDirectClub (SDC) Misses Q3 EPS by 10c, Guidance Misses
SmileDirectClub (NASDAQ: SDC) reported Q3 EPS of ($0.23), $0.10 worse than the analyst estimate of ($0.13). Revenue for the quarter came in at $138 million versus the consensus estimate of $181.9 million.
- SmileDirectClub sees Q4 2021 revenue of $120-140 million, versus the consensus of $200 million.
- Q4 revenue expected to be in the range of $120-$140MM
- A continuation of the macroeconomic headwind that was evident in Q3 into Q4
- A small ramp in Germany and Spain as we continue to onboard more locations and increase marketing investments.
- As we have continued to expand on our Challenger Campaign, and as a result of the iOS security changes on our targeting effectiveness, we have changed our lead strategy to be more focused on higher funnel leads through platforms such as TV; this strategy is expected to have an impact on marketing effectiveness at driving near-term revenue but be more effective and efficient at driving long-term revenue growth
For earnings history and earnings-related data on SmileDirectClub (SDC) click here.