Facebook (FB) Tops Q3 EPS by 21c, DAUs were 1.62 billion
Facebook (NASDAQ: FB) reported Q3 EPS of $2.12, $0.21 better than the analyst estimate of $1.91. Revenue for the quarter came in at $17.65 billion versus the consensus estimate of $17.37 billion.
- Daily active users (DAUs) – DAUs were 1.62 billion on average for September 2019, an increase of 9% year-over-year.
- Monthly active users (MAUs) – MAUs were 2.45 billion as of September 30, 2019, an increase of 8% year-over-year.
- Mobile advertising revenue – Mobile advertising revenue represented approximately 94% of advertising revenue for the third quarter of 2019, up from approximately 92% of advertising revenue in the third quarter of 2018.
- Capital expenditures – Capital expenditures, including principal payments on finance leases, were $3.68 billion for the third quarter of 2019.
- Cash and cash equivalents and marketable securities – Cash and cash equivalents and marketable securities were $52.27 billion as of September 30, 2019.
- Headcount – Headcount was 43,030 as of September 30, 2019, an increase of 28% year-over-year.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Facebook (FB) click here.