FedEx Announces No Additional Residential Surcharges for Third Straight Holiday Season
FedEx Publishes Latest Rate and Surcharge Information
MEMPHIS, Tenn.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX) announced today that, for the third year in a row, the company will not apply additional residential surcharges during the holiday season, except for shipments that are oversized, unauthorized or that require additional handling. Dates for such peak surcharges vary. Details can be found at: fedex.com/peak-surcharge.
In addition, FedEx Express, FedEx Ground and FedEx Freight, all subsidiaries of FedEx Corp., will increase shipping rates and surcharges effective January 6, 2020:
- FedEx Express shipping rates will increase by an average of 4.9% for U.S. domestic, U.S. export and U.S. import services.
- FedEx Ground and FedEx Home Delivery shipping rates will increase by an average of 4.9%. FedEx SmartPost shipping rates will also increase.
- FedEx Freight shipping rates will increase by an average of 5.9% for shipments within the U.S. (including Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands) and between the contiguous U.S. and Canada. FedEx Freight shipping rates will also increase for shipments within Canada, within Mexico, and between the contiguous U.S. and Mexico.
The following FedEx Express, FedEx Ground and FedEx Freight surcharge changes will also take place effective January 20, 2020:
- Applicable services, criteria and pricing for FedEx Express and FedEx Ground packages that require additional handling or are oversized will change.
- There will be changes to applicable surcharges for FedEx Express and FedEx Ground fuel surcharge assessment.
- Applicable criteria for the FedEx Freight Capacity Load minimum charge will change.
The list of Delivery Area Surcharge ZIP Codes for FedEx Express, FedEx Ground and FedEx SmartPost will also be changed effective January 6, 2020.
Details of all changes to rates and surcharges are available at: http://fedex.com/rates2020.
About FedEx Corp.
FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX) provides customers and businesses worldwide with a broad portfolio of transportation, e-commerce and business services. With annual revenues of $70 billion, the company offers integrated business solutions through operating companies competing collectively and managed collaboratively, under the respected FedEx brand. Consistently ranked among the world’s most admired and trusted employers, FedEx inspires its more than 450,000 team members to remain focused on safety, the highest ethical and professional standards and the needs of their customers and communities. To learn more about how FedEx connects people and possibilities around the world, please visit about.fedex.com.
Gretchen C. Mathis
FedEx Media Relations
Source: FedEx Corp.