Silicon Labs (SLAB) Misses Q4 EPS by 3c, Revenues Miss; Offers Q1 EPS Guidance Below Consensus
Silicon Labs (NASDAQ: SLAB) reported Q4 EPS of $0.91, $0.03 worse than the analyst estimate of $0.94. Revenue for the quarter came in at $215.53 million versus the consensus estimate of $224.24 million.
- Non-GAAP gross margin was 60.6%.
- Non-GAAP R&D expenses were $49 million.
- Non-GAAP SG&A expenses were $39 million.
- Non-GAAP operating income as a percentage of revenue was 19.6%.
- Non-GAAP diluted earnings per share were $0.91.
"We are proud of our performance in 2018, which was a strong year for Silicon Labs in many dimensions. We completed the successful acquisition of Z-Wave, strengthened our team, and grew our revenue and design wins to record levels," said Tyson Tuttle, CEO of Silicon Labs. "Despite current volatility, we remain confident about our longer-term ability to outperform the market. We are focused on executing on our product roadmaps and converting a large pipeline of opportunities into additional wins and share gains. The technologies we are developing are enabling our customers to transform industries and improve lives."
Silicon Labs sees Q1 2019 EPS of $0.42-$0.52, versus the consensus of $0.82.
- Non-GAAP gross margin at approximately 60.0%.
- Non-GAAP operating expenses at approximately $90.0 million.
- Non-GAAP effective tax rate at 13.0%.
- Non-GAAP diluted earnings per share between $0.42 and $0.52.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Silicon Labs (SLAB) click here.