Walmart U.S. Q3 comp sales grew 3.4% and Walmart U.S. eCommerce sales grew 43%, Q3 GAAP EPS of $0.58; Adjusted EPS of $1.08, Walmart now expects FY'19 GAAP EPS of $2.26 to $2.36, Walmart raises g
BENTONVILLE, Ark.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Walmart Inc. (NYSE: WMT):
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20181115005459/en/
Walmart reports Q3 FY19 earnings
- Total revenue was $124.9 billion, an increase of $1.7 billion, or 1.4%. Excluding currency, total revenue was $126.1 billion, an increase of $2.9 billion, or 2.4%.
- Walmart U.S. comp sales increased 3.4% in the period and 6.1% on a two-year stack with broad-based strength and market share gains in key categories, according to Nielsen and The NPD Group.
- Walmart U.S. omnichannel progress continues as grocery pickup is now available in nearly 2,100 locations and grocery delivery is available in nearly 600 locations.
- Sam’s Club comp sales increased 3.2%, and eCommerce sales grew 32%. Membership trends continue to improve.
- Net sales at Walmart International were $28.8 billion, a decline of 2.6%. Excluding currency, net sales were $30.0 billion, an increase of 1.6%. Comp sales were positive in nine of 10 markets.
Adjusted EPS excludes the impact of three items:
- An unrealized loss of $0.48 on the company’s equity investment in JD.com
- A charge of $0.03 for foreign currency upon finalizing the sale of a majority stake in Walmart Brazil
- A benefit of $0.01 due to an adjustment in the provisional amount related to Tax Reform
Walmart Inc. (NYSE: WMT) helps people around the world save money and live better - anytime and anywhere - in retail stores, online, and through their mobile devices. Each week, nearly 265 million customers and members visit our more than 11,200 stores under 55 banners in 27 countries and eCommerce websites. With fiscal year 2018 revenue of $500.3 billion, Walmart employs over 2.2 million associates worldwide. Walmart continues to be a leader in sustainability, corporate philanthropy and employment opportunity. Additional information about Walmart can be found by visiting http://corporate.walmart.com, on Facebook at http://facebook.com/walmart and on Twitter at http://twitter.com/walmart.
Investor Relations contact
Dan Binder (479) 258-7172
Media Relations contact
Randy Hargrove (800) 331-0085
Source: Walmart Inc.