Tech Data Expands Partnership with iPass to Deliver Global Mobile Connectivity to Brazil
CLEARWATER, Fla., Sept. 19, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Tech Data (Nasdaq: TECD) today announced an agreement with iPass®, a leading provider of global mobile connectivity and location technology, to expand distribution of its wireless connection management and Wi-Fi connectivity service to the Brazilian market. Already available to Tech Data customers in the U.S., Canada and Europe, the iPass SmartConnect™ service uses intelligent network selection to choose the best network for a user's needs, based on availability, performance and cost. In addition, iPass SmartConnect seamlessly and securely connects end users to millions of iPass Wi-Fi hotspots, automatically transitioning back to cellular when Wi-Fi is not available.
"As our first venture with iPass into the Latin America and Caribbean market, we're proud to provide our channel partners in Brazil with comprehensive mobile connectivity solutions to better serve their small to medium-sized business (SMB) customers," said Carla Carvalho, managing director, Brazil, at Tech Data. "Our team stands ready to leverage our strategic position and help deploy the iPass SmartConnect service as a standalone offering or bundled into a complete solution. Tech Data can also facilitate partnerships between iPass and original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) to integrate iPass SmartConnect technology at the device level."
The iPass SmartConnect platform is valuable to a wide array of solution providers. For enterprise buyers, iPass provides the following benefits:
- Improved productivity: iPass makes accessing Wi-Fi on the go easy and reliable with technology that invisibly scans and automatically connects to Wi-Fi whenever it's available.
- Secure connections: iPass helps ensure privacy and security with full protection of user credentials and corporate data.
- Operational visibility: iPass helps enterprises gain the operational visibility they need to keep costs predictable and manage on-the-go connectivity.
- Simplified pricing: With unlimited plans providing one flat fee per user, iPass makes pricing simple and predictable.
For mobile operators, iPass provides the following advantages:
- Reduced network costs by offloading data: iPass allows operators to implement a Wi-Fi first offload solution, whether subscribers are on a home network or roaming. The solution lets operators reduce wholesale costs and regain operational margin.
- Improved subscriber experience: Constant service enhancements create successful subscriber relationships. Enhancing a mobile operator's offering with global Wi-Fi access is a significant competitive advantage in the market.
- Reduced customer churn and improved revenue streams: Integrating global Wi-Fi connectivity can help mobile operators deliver a distinctive subscriber experience by enhancing their core offerings.
"We are seeing great demand in the Latin American market for the intelligent connection management and secure Wi-Fi access that we can provide through the iPass SmartConnect platform," said Patricia Hume, chief operations officer, at iPass. "We are delighted to expand our partnership with Tech Data to Latin America, where they can significantly bolster our local presence and insight into the region."
Tech Data has risen to one of the biggest challenges facing SMBs – keeping employees and clientele connected through a cost-effective and secure environment. The iPass SmartConnect platform creates new revenue streams and enhances customer engagement, which is another great example of how Tech Data's end-to-end portfolio brings complete solutions to customers. In addition, Tech Data supplements its distribution relationship by providing customer management and support services that deliver operational efficiencies, which iPass can leverage to achieve its committed business outcomes.
The iPass selection of offerings is available through StreamOne™ Digital Marketplace, Tech Data's unique provisioning, billing and end-user lifecycle management digital platform for consumption- and subscription-based cloud services, which launched in the Latin America and Caribbean region in November 2017. For additional information on Tech Data's iPass offerings, visit www.techdata.com or call (800) 237-8931.
About Tech Data Tech Data connects the world with the power of technology. Our end-to-end portfolio of products, services and solutions, highly specialized skills, and expertise in next-generation technologies enable channel partners to bring to market the products and solutions the world needs to connect, grow and advance. Tech Data is ranked No. 83 on the Fortune 500® and has been named one of Fortune's World's Most Admired Companies for nine straight years. To find out more, visit www.techdata.com or follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
Media ContactsKarina SeirCommunications Manager, Latin America and the CaribbeanTech Data305.542.0049 email@example.com
Wally Campbell Americas Public Relations Manager Tech Data480.firstname.lastname@example.org
View original content to download multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/tech-data-expands-partnership-with-ipass-to-deliver-global-mobile-connectivity-to-brazil-300715205.html
SOURCE Tech Data Corporation