Walmart U.S. Q1 comps grew 2.1% and Walmart U.S. eCommerce sales grew 33%, Company reports Q1 GAAP EPS of $0.72; Adjusted EPS of $1.14
- Total revenue was $122.7 billion, an increase of $5.1 billion, or 4.4%. Excluding currency, total revenue was $120.7 billion, an increase of $3.2 billion, or 2.7%.
- GAAP EPS declined 28% and Adjusted EPS increased 14%.
- Walmart U.S. comp sales increased 2.1%, and comp traffic increased 0.8%.
- Sam’s Club comp sales increased 3.8% led by comp traffic growth of 5.6%. Tobacco sales negatively impacted comp sales by approximately 140 basis points.
- Net sales at Walmart International were $30.3 billion, an increase of 11.7%. Excluding currency, net sales were $28.3 billion, an increase of 4.5%. Eight of eleven markets posted positive comp sales, including our four largest markets.
- The company generated $5.2 billion in operating cash flow.
- Adjusted EPS excludes the impact of two items. The first item is an unrealized loss of $0.47 on the company’s equity investment in JD.com due to a change in accounting principles. The second item benefited EPS by $0.05 due to an adjustment in the provisional amount recorded in Q4 fiscal 2018 related to Tax Reform.
BENTONVILLE, Ark.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Walmart Inc. (NYSE: WMT) helps people around the world save money and live better - anytime and anywhere - in retail stores, online, and through their mobile devices. Each week, nearly 270 million customers and members visit our more than 11,700 stores under 65 banners in 28 countries and eCommerce websites. With fiscal year 2018 revenue of $500.3 billion, Walmart employs approximately 2.3 million associates worldwide. Walmart continues to be a leader in sustainability, corporate philanthropy and employment opportunity. Additional information about Walmart can be found by visiting http://corporate.walmart.com, on Facebook at http://facebook.com/ walmart and on Twitter at http://twitter.com/walmart.
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20180517005617/en/
Walmart reports Q1 FY19 earnings
Kary Brunner, 479-277-8782
Source: Walmart Inc.