Rand Capital Corp (RAND) Reports Q4 EPS of $0.04
Note: EPS may not be comparable
Rand Capital Corp (NASDAQ: RAND) reported Q4 EPS of $0.04.
Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2017 Financial Highlights
- Reported $5.05 net asset value (NAV) per share at December 31, 2017, compared with $5.01 at September 30, 2017. The sequential improvement was driven by higher investment income, realized gains and unrealized appreciation on investments. These were partially offset by $0.05 per share to revalue the Company’s deferred tax assets at new, lower federal tax rates.
- For the full year, completed nine investment transactions totaling $5.4 million.
- The fourth quarter included $1.5 million invested as a follow-on in Tilson Technology Management, Inc.
- During the fourth quarter, Rand sold its position in Athenex, Inc., generating approximately $781,000 of gross proceeds and realizing a $638,000 pretax gain.
- Investment income increased 26% and 41% over the prior-year fourth quarter and full year, respectively.
- At December 31, 2017, portfolio fair value was $32.3 million and consolidated cash was $6.3 million.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Rand Capital Corp (RAND) click here.